Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Rebecca131 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 20, 2017, 01:17 PM
    Reduce thyroxine concentrations naturally?
    I was curious if there were any means of lowering high-normal thyroxine concentrations naturally, without taking antithyroid drugs. I know that some foods such as broccoli and strawberries contain goitrogens (natural antithyroid compounds), but some of these foods are much more potent than others (e.g. yellow turnip is more potent than broccoli). Which of these foods are the best? Also, are there any other ways to lower thyroxine concentrations (e.g. dietary supplements or other therapies)?

Check out some similar questions!

Concentrations of Mg and Ca in seawater [ 2 Answers ]

After doing a titration my concentration of Magnesium ions is slightly higher than the literature value. Why could this be? Also my concentration of Calcium ions is slightly less than the literature value so also why could this be too?

Solution Concentrations... I need help! [ 1 Answers ]

SOLUTION CONCENTRATIONS Introduction To learn how to prepare standard molar solutions and to become acquainted with the principles of colorimetric analysis. The Assignment 1.Solution Preparation 1.For this experiment, you must calculate the mass of solute, nickel (II) nitrate, needed to...

Chemistry concentrations [ 1 Answers ]

A solution contains Sr2+ and Ba2+ ions both at a concentration of 1.25 x 10 ^-3 molL-1. A dilute solution of sulphuric acid is slowly added to this mixture of ions. (Assume any change in volume is insignificant.) Ks (BaSO4) =1x10^-10 Ks (SrSO4)=3x10^-7 b (I) calclute the concentration of...

I am currently on 50 mcg thyroxine (been so for 2 months), would it be OK for me to t [ 1 Answers ]

I am currently on 50 mcg thyroxine (been so for 2 months), would it be OK for me to take Primolut Nor to postpone my period while on vacation, and Lexotanil when I get on the plane to calm my claustrophobia in conjunction with Thyroxine? Or would there be any clashes? My doctor said it's fine but...

What will their equilibrium concentrations be? [ 3 Answers ]

At 25 °C, Kc= 0.145 for the following reaction in the solvent CCl4. 2BrCl <------------> Br2+Cl2 If the initial concentrations of Br2 and Cl2 are each 0.0195 M, what will their equilibrium concentrations be? I tried 4 times.. but my answers were all wrong. I have only one chance to get...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.