Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tonycool00 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 20, 2017, 06:41 AM
    An unexpected problem occurred
    I get this "An unexpected problem occurred while opening the file. Try using a backup copy" message when I try to open an MS Project File.
    But I have not backup copy. The file was created in the same version I run and I could open the file with no trouble before. Does anyone know why this message is occurrs and how to fix Project?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jun 20, 2017, 08:27 AM
    Universal rule step #1. Try rebooting your machine... (works often enough that's why it's a step #1). See if that works first. Maybe you will get lucky.

Jun 20, 2017, 09:29 AM
    Unfortunately without success
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jun 20, 2017, 10:14 AM
    Was worth a try... need to wait for some more answers now... I don't use that particular program.

Jun 24, 2017, 05:38 AM
    I want to say thank you for taking the time to share how to go about fixing this.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

An error occurred! SyntaxError: JSON.parse: unexpected character [ 1 Answers ]

I get this error "An error occurred! SyntaxError: JSON.parse: unexpected character" on close examination using firebug on the XHR tab I realize that my response as these strange characters � ( black diamond shaped mark with a white question mark at the center) that is preventing me from using the...

An exception occurred while trying to run [ 1 Answers ]

How hiding this masseage an exception occurred while truing to run " c"windaws/systemm32 nvcpl.dll,nvstart up

An exeption occurred [ 3 Answers ]

On startup I get the message,An exeption occurred while trying to run "c:\windows\system32\nvcpl.dll,nvstartup" I am a complete novice/idiot. Help please.

A breakup has occurred. [ 1 Answers ]

let me tell you a story from the past... about 9 months ago I was dating this girl for two years evrything was awesome and no arguments or fights it was going smooth ,so I thought! Oneday she called me explaining she has to see me.. we met up and that's when she started to cry telling me she...

View more questions Search