Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chochocho Posts: 60, Reputation: 1

Mar 13, 2005, 04:56 PM
    Writing Humor for Greeting card companies
    I just want to know how greeting card companies judge verse submissions from freelance writers before they accept any writing idea submitted. Is there any formula for writing acceptable humor for all the greeting card companies out there.
    Daniel Herring Posts: 21, Reputation: 2

Mar 17, 2005, 07:45 PM
    New adage
    Write what you know best, and it will show best.
    cremedies Posts: 304, Reputation: 0

Apr 6, 2005, 12:36 PM
    I would contact the greeting card company directly as they would be the best to help you to realize what their individual criteria may be, with regards to what types of submissions they are attracted to.
    Pipster Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 16, 2008, 10:14 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by chochocho
    I just want to know how greeting card companies judge verse submissions from freelance writers before they accept any writing idea submitted. Is there any formula for writing acceptable humor for all the greeting card companies out there.
    Greeting Card companies often display their card ranges on their web sites. If you have a look, this should give you some idea of the type of humor they prefer.
    It will also indicate which companies are more likely to accept the type of humor that you write.

It may also be helpful to browse cards in the shops - note down the publishers of any cards whose styles appeal to you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to Tell the Sex of a Fly - Humor [ 2 Answers ]

=: How to Tell the Sex of a Fly := A woman walked into the kitchen to find her husband stalking around with a fly swatter. "What are you doing?" she asked. "Hunting flies" he responded. "Oh. Killing any?" she asked.

Credit Card companies seizing a house [ 5 Answers ]

My friend and I were arguing as to whether c.c comps can seize your home for unpaid debts. Even if your house is worth more than the debt. My friend used an example of a home worth $300,000 and a cc debt of $4000. I think that because your mortgage is a secured loan by the bank the cc comp wouldn't...

Can credit card companies put a lien on my house? [ 5 Answers ]

Hi everyone! I live in Broward county, Florida, I defaulted in three unsecured business loans and two unsecured business credit cards all are guaranteed personally by me, now that the business has failed and the S corporation is dissolved, can these creditors go after me and put a lien on my...

Best way to negotiate rates w/ credit card companies? [ 4 Answers ]

A family member is loaning me $20K to pay off part of my $33K credit card debt. The loan will enable me to pay off the balances in full on two of the highest-interest rate cards, and part of the next highest-rate card. I'd love to just call the bastards up & close the accounts as soon as the...

Humor. Just what is a bralet? [ 1 Answers ]

Is it a small bra? Is it a french bra? Is it the same as a bralette? Is it less expensive than a bra? Like bra-bralet-bralette--all getting less expensive? Is it only for small breasts? (That wouldn't be fair). If it is a small bra, then what is a demi-bra? If it is a small bra, then what is a...

View more questions Search