Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pastor1189 Posts: 1,538, Reputation: 3
    Ultra Member

Jun 14, 2017, 10:23 AM
    Screening a door
    They took the old screen out of a screen door. But forgot how is was?
    The spline channel rounds around the door. But in the middle there is also a spline channel, running across the middle of the door, At the bottom of the door is another spline channel
    Do you spline the entire door on its outer edge around the door? Or is it screened in two sections? See pictures
    Attached Images

ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jun 14, 2017, 06:34 PM
    It should be screened with one long piece top to bottom. Those cross spines are not used. Have you ever done a replacement before, there are a few tricks to make the screen really tight.
    Ultra Member

Jun 14, 2017, 06:46 PM
    I did a few windows. But never a screen door.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jun 14, 2017, 06:50 PM
    Put the door on a flat work table with a 2x4 under each end 4" side down. Clamp the door in the middle with two C clamps on each side rail. Tighten the clamps so the down is slightly defected into a slight arc. Once you get the screen in and the rubber spine firmly inserted you the release the clamps. Your screen with be tight as a drum.
    Ultra Member

Jun 14, 2017, 07:03 PM
    Okay great. Maybe that crossbar is just there for rigidity purpose

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

EtG screening [ 1 Answers ]

I am 6 foot 190 lbs. I drank appox 12 beers Sunday from 1:00 until 7:00. Had an EtG screening on Tuesday at 7:30. What my chances of passing?

Re-screening a window [ 3 Answers ]

What is the best way to re-screen an aluminum window screen. I tried, but the screening material was loose.

Drug screening [ 7 Answers ]

How long does amphetamines (focalin) stay in your urine?

Drug screening [ 1 Answers ]

My son took a vicodin 27 days ago "before" he went to probation, like a fool. When they tested him of course it came up, & of course its not his. He said he only took it 1 time(who knows) My question is: He has probation on 10/27 & they will run a drug test. Will it still show up? Or how long...

Tenant Screening [ 1 Answers ]

We are getting prepared to offer our condo for rent. I see that many LLs charge $30 for a credit check along with their tenant applications. Do most use an on-line tenant screening service? I’m dizzy from looking at all the agency offerings! At a minimum they supply a credit report. Prices increase...

View more questions Search