Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    carynfio Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 13, 2017, 04:50 AM
    In Wall Air Conditioner
    Every time I turn on the air conditioner this white dustlike stuff comes out all over my furniture. The air conditioner is not old. I tried leaving it on for awhile but every time I check it, that white stuff is all over. I feel like I can't use it because of that.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jun 13, 2017, 05:56 PM
    When did you last clean the filter. There is one, typically behind the front grill.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 14, 2017, 04:45 AM
    I agree the filter is the place to start. Your whole unit could be filthy if you haven't been cleaning it regularly.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jun 14, 2017, 06:37 PM
    Does the conditioner have a fresh air intake?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Through wall air conditioner and heat [ 1 Answers ]

I got this apartment, it was build in 1977 and Its missing air/heat unit. The is thermostats, duct work going to other rooms, and hole in the wall for the unit. I need to install a through wall air conditioner and heater with duct, it should be electric. Do you now which band or where will I find a...

Removing a Fedders wall air conditioner [ 0 Answers ]

I have a very old fedders wall air conditioner (acb10f2e) that I am trying to remove from the sleeve. It will not slide out. I don't see any obvious screws holding it in. Anyone know how to get it out?

Wall air conditioner in window [ 0 Answers ]

Can you put a through the wall air conditioner in a window? Do you need the metal sleeve? The air conditioner is stable and replacing a very large old window air condtioner?

Vent a portable air conditioner through a no longer used wall gas heater [ 0 Answers ]

I could get duck work to reach the gas chimney. About 4 feet if I set it on a table. Before I dismantle the wall heater I thought it might be smart to ask opinions here. Thanks

Replacing an obsolete through the wall heat/cool air conditioner [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I have a through-the-wall heat/cool air conditioner (Kenmore model 253.8765101, 230 volt, approx. 10,000 BTU) that uses sleeve 8110 (25 3/4W x 18 19/32D x 16 7/8H). This unit is no longer made and I need to find and install a replacement AC/heater. I can't find replacement info online....

View more questions Search