Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Story Writer Posts: 108, Reputation: 13

Jun 11, 2017, 11:32 AM
    What is the common cause of axle problem in a car?
    Yesterday, while going to the office, my car started behaving abnormally, i.e. the steering got tightened a bit and then after moving ahead a mile, it started getting the car towards left and then with a cracking sound, the car stopped. When I tried to start it again, it again gave irritating sound. I called the mechanic who toed the vehicle to his shop, and changed the axle with a repaired one, as he had not the new one, and was not available even very far from there. Now, why it happened?

Only in the morning, the left wheel was flattened but when I inflated it, it became okay, and is fine even now.

Moreover, a day before yesterday, I forgot to fill the oil tank and the car stopped midway and then I called someone, who filled oil/diesel in the car and then did some mechanical work and only after that the car started...

Now, this car was bought second-hand by me, 9 months back. I learnt driving on the very car i.e. Swift Dzire VDI (India) and what can be the possible cause of axle breakdown? Which precautions should I keep? Sometimes, I twist the steering completely, and sometimes I have driven the car with hand-brakes on, for half a mile, twice or thrice. Kindly suggest the reasons.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jun 14, 2017, 06:36 AM
    You haven't said if it is automatic or manual and how old the vehicle is or what milage it has done, but if manual, axles often fail if the clutch is dropped too often. Driving with the hand brake on doesn't help but wears out the brakes. It seems your vehicle could do with some regular maintenance and your lack of knowledge needs to be overcome. As you had to put oil in the vehicle, this is a serious problem pointing to many possible problems in the future, I would say, replace the vehicle quickly
    Tatla Posts: 55, Reputation: 5

Jun 15, 2017, 02:38 AM
    Paraclete,

You must be correct. But, in India, oil is a word used for fuel i.e. diesel or petrol. So, Story Writer must be talking about the diesel or petrol, as it is fuel which is frequently added to the vehicle to make it run.

And, about her problem, I would advise Story Writer to read the manual, if she had got any, with the vehicle. However, as the car is old one, chances are, she might not have received these.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Common problem: Concealed shower tap not heating [ 1 Answers ]

Hi My Plumber, happy Friday. I have a concealed shower, with just the taps exposed. Recently the hot tap doesn't affect the hot water - it stays the same temperature wherever the tap turns (ie: coldest & hottest is the same). All other taps in the flat work, and the water is hot. Sounds like...

Common problem or Uncommon? [ 26 Answers ]

I live in a condo community and I realize that I a responsible for the plumbing in my bathroom that is not common (meaning shared drainage with my unit and the unit above). However in the past we have had common drainage issues due to tree root in the lines. The association took care of this...

A Common Problem, [ 1 Answers ]

So I'm 18 years old. Young. Etc. BUT I've never orgasmed ever. Neither by myself or with my fiancˇe. Now Let me get into specifics. I've been unashamedly masterbating for 6 years now. Yes, I've actually spent time to try and enjoy myself. Spent 2 years once just you know, lightly touching my...

Torque? The axle weights 5kg its 6' wide, it's a vertical axle with a... [ 10 Answers ]

The axle weights 5 kg it is 6 ' wide, it is a vertical axle with a magnetic barring at the base of the axle working on opposing energy, the axle is also in a vacuum of 3lb sq inch? Around the axle are nine 3 " wheels connected to the main central axle each of these weighs 0.4 kg each with a...

Plumbing problem in common area and unit owner responsibility [ 1 Answers ]

I own a ground floor condo in a 3 level unit. It has been determined that the sewage pipe for all 3 units is damaged and needs to be repaired/replaced. The damaged section is under my living room floor. I have been told I need to vacate the property, move all my furniture to other sections of the...

View more questions Search