Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    maxsc Posts: 23, Reputation: 1

Jun 11, 2017, 10:55 AM
    Can such an orbit exist? (picture)
    I drew this to show my meaning clearer, now there are some points to consider before answering:
    1. This system only has these 2 planets plus some moons.
    2. The star of this system can be ANYTHING if it's inconvenient.
    3. everything is natural without artificial meddling.
    4. the system and orbits are not absolute it's just a rough idea, everything can be modified EVERYTHING.
    5. most importantly is that the bigger planet has to come in front of the planet x for some period of time.

Name:  photo_2017-06-11_22-16-17.jpg
Views: 358
Size:  81.7 KB
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jun 19, 2017, 08:22 PM
    Yes, the two planets don't orbit in the same plane

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Density and orbit [ 1 Answers ]

A satellite is in a circular orbit very close to the surface of a spherical planet. The period of the orbit is T = 2.59 hours. What is density (mass/volume) of the planet? Assume that the planet has a uniform density.

The low orbit. [ 1 Answers ]

What is the low orbit called that is passes across various parts of the earth?? I would really appreciate if u answer.. Gaby Xxx

Smaller Orbit [ 2 Answers ]

Suppose the Orbit of the Earth Were 5% Smaller (a = 0.95 au) than it is today (a = 1.0 au). What would happen??

Things in orbit [ 1 Answers ]

The space shuttle, for example. I saw this question on another forum. Wish I hadn't. Now I'm curious and confused. Once in orbit, it travels at about 17,500 mph around the earth. What propels it at that speed? I thought that once it begins to orbit, it (as well as most other things in...

Orbit of the sun [ 1 Answers ]

How many miles or kilometres does the Earth travel in one orbit of the sun? Is it constant?

View more questions Search