Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Nitya kumar Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 9, 2017, 02:31 AM
    Hi,my daughter is 14 year old and she is having irregular periods from last 2.5 years
    Hi my daughter is having irregular periods from 2.5 years. She g
    Got her las period in December 2016 and till now she hasn't got it. Is tere any need to go to a doctor ? Also wanted to know the procedure that the doctor will follow.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jun 9, 2017, 04:26 PM
    At 14 her body is still trying to regulate itself, and it's not at all uncommon for a girl of this age to have highly irregular periods. I'm sure you yourself remember what it was like when you first started as a teenager.

If you're worried then by all means, see a doctor, there's always a chance that something is going on that's causing these irregular periods, but it's most likely just her age, and her periods will most likely regulate once she's a bit older.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 9, 2017, 04:47 PM
    I would agree, as father and grandfather, if you worry, always take child to doctor, but this is really more common, than uncommon.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Irregular periods for two and a half years and no period for 6 months [ 2 Answers ]

I started dieting ( low carb diet) in July 2011 I was 78 kgs (I'm 161 cms) and my period stopped but I didn't care then, but after missing my period for about a year I went to a doctor in September 2012 I was then 61 kgs and stopped my diet , he told me to take cycloprogynova for 21 days ad wait...

I am a 39 year old weighing 145 lbs. I have had very irregular heavy periods. [ 0 Answers ]

I am 39 year old female that recently have had very heavy irregular periods. It is hard to make an apt at the doctor when I don't know when I will have my period or not. I had this same thing happen to me last year about the same time of year and then after a few months it cleared up and I had...

Periods and Irregular Bleeding after two years [ 1 Answers ]

Iam 56 nyears old and had period bleeding two years ago. Now for 3 days I am bleeding again. Is this abnormal?

Irregular Periods, how do I get pregnant? It's been a year! [ 1 Answers ]

I've been trying for a year to get pregnant. We started hot and heavy the first few months, then around jan to maybe april-may we cooled it down to maybe once or twice during that period (ovulation) and we started again a bit more and last month, the 11th month, we did it like 5 times during that...

Have periods once a year sometimes 2 years [ 2 Answers ]

I forget what it feels like to have a period... I have 1 period every 1 to 2 years.. and I want to have a child what can I do:(

View more questions Search