Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Story Writer Posts: 108, Reputation: 13

Jun 8, 2017, 10:58 AM
    Why is my Nova Lady Shaver not working?
    I have purchased a new Nova Lady Shaver from Flipkart.com. I used it for around two months. Actually, I used it only thrice during these days, though I had bought it two months back. Now, it has stopped working all of a sudden. I changed the batteries but still it does not start. When I press the button to start it, it does not give any voice or tremble. Kindly tell me how can I make it work. I use it for removal of hair from pubic area and from legs and underarms. (This is different to the question with same title, asked months back. At that time, it was not working properly, but now it does not work any more.)
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 8, 2017, 12:05 PM
    What kind of warranty did it come with? I wouldn't do a thing until you find that out and contact the vendor with your issues. Likely the motor has conked out. Was it properly cleaned and oiled after every use?

I take it these videos didn't help any from your last question.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Czk9yNGIz7M

Or is this a different shaver?

Jun 8, 2017, 12:21 PM
    It was not mentioned anywhere in the booklets which were given along that the machine needs to be oiled and cleaned after every trim or shave. Guarantee and warrantee may be there but as I had purchased it online, it was sent with the message that it can be replaced only within a week, in case it is not working.

I can shave with blade also, but I find it very nice when I shave it with this machine. Kindly tell me how to mend it, as I am free now and am in my room alone, and want to get rid of my grown pubes.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 8, 2017, 12:33 PM
    I would clean it as per the links first, and see what happens. That is the only quick fix I can recommend. If that doesn't work you have no choice but to return it and get another one. I have many shavers and razors, and as a matter of course I clean them after use as a dirty shaver conks out very quickly as you see. Some I have had for many years and still work great.

Sorry, but please let me know if the cleaning helps.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 8, 2017, 01:38 PM
    Like tal asked, is this the same shaver you asked about in January?

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/applia...ml#post3790257

Jun 9, 2017, 06:34 PM
    Yes Wondergirl, it is the same shaver.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jun 9, 2017, 07:04 PM
    Why aren't you asking the Flipcart the same questions you are asking us?

Jun 10, 2017, 09:04 AM
    I have asked them too, but their reply has not satisfied me. I am going to buy another one, and if someone can suggest a good quality shaver/trimmer, I shall buy the same. Money is not the problem at all, but its quality should be excellent. I want to shave my pubes, leg hair and underarms. And, if you can help me mend this product also, kindly help/tell. I shall be grateful.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 10, 2017, 09:17 AM
    In which country are you? Have you asked friends for suggestions? Have you checked products and reviews on Amazon?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jun 10, 2017, 12:45 PM
    Brand availability is VERY dependent on what country you live... While a few brands MIGHT be found world wide, most might only be available in one country. Some in a particular region.

Jun 11, 2017, 11:08 AM
    I am from Punjab, in India. There are mixed reviews. The shaver worked well earlier. But now, it is inactive.

Jun 11, 2017, 11:16 AM
    Thanks so much

Kindly tell me if I should use an electric shaver or one with battery. For me the chief concern is perfect shave. However, I find it a bit tough to plug in and then start shaving, even as there is a bit of fear too, attached with electric connection.
    Tatla Posts: 55, Reputation: 5

Jun 15, 2017, 02:51 AM
    I would advise you to use any of these. There is not any risk of using AC-operated shaver. However, you should trim the pubes or hair, before shaving these. I think the other experts on AMHD would agree with me, at least on this issue.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why is my Nova Lady Shaver not working? [ 4 Answers ]

I purchased one NOVA Lady shaver from online retailer Flipkart.com, and used it once for shaving the pubes, but I found that it did not shave, and only trimmed. However, the hair from thighs got removed immensely. However, I did not use it completely and placed it in the box and used it after two...

Braun shaver [ 4 Answers ]

It's a Braun shaver commercial and there's a man in a suit who says "Gentlemen start your engines". What's his name?

What are your opinions of a man working at Lady Foot Locker? [ 4 Answers ]

Just asking for opinions and thoughts. What do you think?

You.S. Movie lady's apartment is burnt,lost job,no benefits so lives as a bag lady [ 2 Answers ]

I saw this movie on t.v. several years ago. Probably made in the 1960''s. I recalled it was Bette Davis, but can find nothing regarding this film with her starring in it. In the movie she had her own apartment, but it was completely burnt in a fire. She also lost her job & could not claim benefits....

There is a single lady, working in your organization, and she has requested for the d [ 3 Answers ]

There is a single lady, working in your organization, and she has requested for the day Care centre for her child at the workplace. As an HR manager what will be your Response? �� If you accept her request, then why and how will you manage it? �� If NO, then what other different measures you...

View more questions Search