Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kcsoja1922 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 8, 2017, 02:40 AM
    Piece of tooth left in after extraction
    I had top teeth removed for denture. One tooth broke and had to be taken out in pieces. Area is still sore after three weeks and I noticed a piece of tooth still in. There is pain when I try to remove it. Will this piece work its way down and out or no I need to go back and have it removed? If it will come out on its own, approx how long does that take?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jun 8, 2017, 06:08 AM
    Shouldn't you ask the dentist?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 8, 2017, 06:56 AM
    You need to go back to the dentist and how you endured for weeks with this issue is beyond me. I would have been back after a day or two.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Piece of tooth left in gums? [ 11 Answers ]

Earlier this year I had all four of my wisdom teeth removed. The top two teeth were rotting and nearly half of each of them had broken off. I have since noticed something sticking out of the side of my gums where one of the top teeth used to be. It hasn't actually broken through the skin, it's...

Tooth extraction [ 8 Answers ]

I had a tooth removed 5 days ago an am scared that am going to get dry socket the clot is still there but it's a yellow colour is that normal? There is also a bit of bone at the back is that normal? I don't have pain but I am a smoker and worried

Tooth Extraction [ 5 Answers ]

Hi My middle molar (used for chewing) broke of from the side, and I went to see the dentist who informed me that the tooth was dead and under the gum infected, so I have to take the tooth out inorder to prevent the infection from spreading to the other molar (the last one at the back). But my...

Extraction of tooth [ 5 Answers ]

I am told that my tooth is 70% bad but it is strong. Is it necessary to extract now or I can wait till tooth is little bit loose or shakey? Please answer

Tooth Extraction in a 3 Yr Old [ 6 Answers ]

Okay, my son's front tooth is kind of loosen (or least when I wiggle it). He does not complain of any pain, but the tooth is getting darker (like a brownish color). We have an Dentist Appt. already made, but my concern is will the Dentist want to extract the tooth?

View more questions Search