Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DD1502000 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 7, 2017, 06:32 PM
    Employer Notification for COBRA
    I have worked with the same company 21 years. I have never received a general notice about my cobra rights until this year. It appears that a mass mailing was done to all employees (over 500). Coincidentally this mailing was followed by major staff reductions. I have not been laid off, but I want to know, is this common practice? Could a mass general notification be indicative of something else, i.e.: selling the company etc.

Thanks
    Dd
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 8, 2017, 03:14 AM
    It is common with any company that is changing their company policy or business practice to notify employees of their rights and benefits. Take it as a warning to prepare yourself no matter what the change is.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cobra how long does employer have? [ 11 Answers ]

OK this insurance can be confusing. The last day of my coverage from my employers insurance was jan. 31. Although my last day working there was the last day in dec. I need to continue my insurance coverage. My question is how long does my employer have to send me the appropriate paperwork? I...

When does an employer need to notify you of COBRA? [ 2 Answers ]

I live and worked in MA. I worked for the same employer for 20 years. They always paid my health insurance premium as a benefit to me. My last day of employment was Sept 30. I have not received a COBRA letter from my employer. The insurance was eligible until November 28. I received in the mail...

Does employer continue to pay insurance while waiting for a COBRA Insurance election? [ 1 Answers ]

When an employee has been terminated from employment, how many days after termination does the employer have to pay the insurance premium on the employee while waiting for the employee to decide on COBRA?

Can you carry Cobra after coverage begins with new employer? [ 1 Answers ]

I am carrying Cobra from a previous employer. In Jan. I will become covered by my new employer's insurance. I know I will need surgery in the spring and wanted to know if I can continue to carry Cobra and have my surgery fully covered? The other part of this question is 65% of my Cobra is being...

View more questions Search