Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pastor1189 Posts: 1,538, Reputation: 3
    Ultra Member

Jun 7, 2017, 01:54 PM
    Defroster Heater
    Whirlpool fridge not sending cold air into the fridge compartment.
    Technician came. I told him I thought it was the heater defroster.
    But I was wrong he told a piece of ice was blocking the vent to the fridge.
    Works okay now. But why didn’t the heater defroster melt the ice in the first place. It was off for 45 minutes. Perhaps the timer should be extended.
    But I do not see a setting knob. Maybe it a sealed unit? Model WRT318FMDW01
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jun 7, 2017, 02:15 PM
    Not familiar with that unit, but I will make the assumption that "vent" is like a blind spot for the defroster. That is geared towards preventing ice biuldup on the walls of the freezer compartment. If you remember back 20 or 30 years how those would ice up thick and require a lot of work to get rid of... and how the newer ones typically don't do this. It tends to heat the walls just enough to discourage this build up at intervals. The vent that was blocked is already the COLDEST part of the unit.. and why is wasn't melting.
    pastor1189 Posts: 1,538, Reputation: 3
    Ultra Member

Jun 7, 2017, 02:35 PM
    Oh I see. I'll have to wait to see if it does it again. Pulling the plug every 24 hours would be a pain.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Car defroster [ 0 Answers ]

Not sure if it matters what car... but I'm trying to reattach the metal node to the rear window of my car... unfortunately I don't have the metal piece that used to be there... what are your suggestions on a new piece and or attaching it to the window... solder ?

Repair to rear defroster [ 6 Answers ]

I have a 1999 Plymouth van with a rear defroster. About nine of the lines do not defrost. Is there a quick and easy (mostly easy!) fix for this problem. Please bear in mind that I am a 66 year old woman and I am on my own! Thank you for your help.:p

Ruining a/c using defroster setting? [ 1 Answers ]

Can you run the a/c in a vehicle, selecting the air direction as defroster (up on the dash) without damaging the a/c unit or parts thereof? Would you damage the evaporator?

Wondering if a defroster can run without car compressor [ 1 Answers ]

I am very unknowledgeable when it comes to cars. My mom owns a 1998 Toyota Camry. Recently the A/C stopped working and she took into a mechanic. They indicated that her compressor was shot but one mechanic said she could still use the defroster. However, we had a nasty rainstorm and when she turned...

View more questions Search