Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pastor1189 Posts: 1,538, Reputation: 3
    Ultra Member

Jun 7, 2017, 03:53 AM
    PayPal Purchase
    David want to buy an item from Jerry using PayPal. They are both members.
    But PayPal charges a fee for using a credit card. First is there a way to avoid the fees. Is there another type of platform using a credit card with less fees?

Second who gets charged the fee the buyer or the seller. Does Jerry have to update his account for him to accept a credit card from David
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jun 7, 2017, 12:45 PM
    Seller pays the fees... or the recipient of the money. No way to avoid fees other than if David pays Jerry in cash, in person. Or gives them a personal check.

Credit card companies charge a fee on EVERY transaction... not just through PayPal, who in this case most likely piggybacks their own as well.
    pastor1189 Posts: 1,538, Reputation: 3
    Ultra Member

Jun 7, 2017, 01:42 PM
    Then the seller should get authorized to accept credit cards.
    Thanks
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jun 7, 2017, 01:57 PM
    Basically yes.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 8, 2017, 05:28 AM
    If you want to accept payment by credit card, then you need to upgrade your paypal account to a business account. You will then be charged a fee for credit card transactions. However, if both are Paypal subscribers, one can use their PayPal balance to make payments.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Accounting Entries for purchase & sales return and credit purchase & sales with examp [ 10 Answers ]

Accounting Entries for purchase & sales return and credit purchase & sales with examples

Paypal Help [ 1 Answers ]

I accept rent payments on my website using a form for the person to enter their credit card number and amount of rent they are paying. I'll be dumping my Merchant account. I've set up a Paypal account for the business - so that people can continue to use a credit card... or their Paypal...

Paypal theft under 500 [ 7 Answers ]

Hello all, My daughter recently stole $275 from someone's paypal account and bought some ingame currency with the stolen money- We have yet heard anything from the police and I have removed her computer from her but I am curious as to what charges we may face in the future or if not to worry to...

Using paypal [ 20 Answers ]

Is it safe to use paypal. My son wants to buy a pair of shoes from a company called Eastbay. I have used companies such as LL Bean/credit card with no problems... just wondering though. Thanks

View more questions Search