Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mhark Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 5, 2017, 09:24 AM
    Control Data Institute in NYC
    Greetings:
    I am submitting an application for a job and they require credit hours for a computer engineering course I took back in 1974 in NYC at CDI any idea how many hours? How do I find a copy of my transcripts? Time is of the essence since there is a deadline for the application. Can someone help please??
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 5, 2017, 09:56 AM
    • I'm guessing you are out of luck on getting a transcript that far back from a school that has undergone several changes and no longer exists. In 2003 CDI was sold to Corinthian Colleges, Inc., a large US-based education company. On May 4, 2015, Corinthian Colleges, Inc. and twenty-four of its subsidiaries filed a chapter 11 bankruptcy in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware. (from Wikipedia https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Control_Data_Institute)
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Jun 7, 2017, 02:16 PM
    I find it incredible that an employer cares about a computer engineering course you took 43 years ago! I don't know about CDI, but I would guess that the number of credit hours is about equal to the number of hours/week the class met. Most courses in college are 3 credit hours, but if there were extra labs it may be 4. I do recall that two computer engineering courses I took in college in the 70's was 3 hours. So what you could do is indicate 3 credit hours and write "estimate" next to it. Now, if in addition to credit hours they want your grades .. I can't help there.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Obtaining transcript from Control Data Institute [ 1 Answers ]

How do I go about obtaining my transcripts from Control Data Institute in Anaheim CA? I attended in 1977, but it has been closed since 1986.

Control Data Institute Transcript, Dallas, Tx [ 1 Answers ]

I'm trying to find contact information for any agency that could have transcripts for Control Data Institute in Dallas, TX. The institute has been closed closed for a number of years. I attended in 1977-1978.

Former graduate of Control Data Institute of NYC trying to locate records [ 1 Answers ]

I attended the Control Data Institute vocational school in New York City around 1987 to 1988 and received certification in Computer Engineering. This school has since closed down. I'm trying to locate where I can obtain a record of my ever attending that school. I've already contacted someone...

Lost Certificate/Diploma from Control Data Institute of Technology [ 1 Answers ]

I attended Control Data Institute's Inglewood campus (actually located in City of Los Angeles) from 1983 to 1985 and have lost my certificate of completion. Where can I get a copy? The school closed down a number of years ago. Thank you!

Lost Certificate/Diploma from Control Data Institute of Technology [ 1 Answers ]

I misplaced a certificate/diploma I received from Control Data Institute of Technology (in NYC, NY) for an electronics engineering program I attended from 1976 through 1977. The school closed down several years ago and I've been unable to find a way to acquire my transcripts or a replacement...

View more questions Search