Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mandy40475 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 31, 2017, 09:16 AM
    Ghost stories from children's book in the 80's
    I read the book back in the 80's, it was a collection of ghost stories. I remember a girl that gets lost and finds an old house. There was a talking skull and seems to me, she made pancakes for the skull? It's driving me crazy! I must find the name of the story or, better yet, the book the story was published in.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 31, 2017, 09:23 AM
    Call a larger area library and ask for a children's department's reference librarian. If he/she doesn't know offhand, ask that they brainstorm in that department and consult with other children's librarians who deal with reader's advisory. The answer is out there in Libraryland!
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

May 31, 2017, 12:46 PM
    You might try a series of "scary" story books that starts with "Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark" by Alvin Schwartz. It sounds like the type of spooky tale that he writes. He also has several other collections if the "Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark" doesn't pan out.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ghost Stories [ 8 Answers ]

Does anyone know any good ghost or scarey stories? I haven't heard a good one for ages! :eek:

Thick children's book with short stories,one w/dogs party, one with boy inventor [ 2 Answers ]

I had a thick book as a kid, it was big too, bigger than an A4 sheet of paper, and it was full of illustrations and different short stories. There was one where different types of dogs were all rushing to attend a party. And there was one where a boy invented many different gadgets including a...

"Weekly Reader" book of ghost stories [ 1 Answers ]

When I was in 5th or 6th grade (1980/1981), I bought a Weekly Reader book which was a short collection of true stories, approximately 12 stories and around 100 pages long. The back cover contained a warning to not read when home alone because the stories were so scary. Two of the titles I remember...

View more questions Search