Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    StefanoZoom Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 30, 2017, 03:12 PM
    What are the internal control procedures are required for debtors?
    What are the internal control procedures that a medium sized business would need to employ in terms of debtors (sales on credit). Most of the online searches don't give an in depth account. In terms of separation of duties, safeguarding, recording and documentation, etc. What internal systems would a business employ to control its debtors.I have tried countless Google searches but they don't go into enough detail, such as, how would credit sales be recorded, the source documents, the reconciliation procedure, etc.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

May 30, 2017, 03:43 PM
    Credit sales are recorded in a debtors ledger, this requires the issue of invoices which are checked for content and verified against dispatch records. The balances in the ledger are reviewed monthly and those outstanding outside trading terms followed up with the debtor. Accounting is carried out under qualified supervision, this is separate to sales and dispatch and collections are supervised by a person who reports to the financial controller

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Internal Control Procedures: As an auditor, you have discovered the following problem [ 1 Answers ]

Internal Control Procedures: As an auditor, you have discovered the following problems with the accounting system control procedures of Jim’s Supply Store. For each of the following occurrences, tell which of the control procedures was lacking. Also, recommend how the company should change its...

Debtors Control and Age Analysis... [ 0 Answers ]

I need to work out what the average debtors' collection period (in days)is for the past financial year, they gave me the debtors age analysis and debtors control account... Where do I find the credit sales to be able to work it out, I worked out what the average debtors was but can't seem to find...

How does a debtors control account look [ 2 Answers ]

You are the accountant of cocktail Ltd. The following information for Feb 2010 was obtained Total sales for the month 62550 Cash received from debtors 36 500 Settlement discount granted to debtors during the month 750 Sales journal overcast by 2200 Cash sales of the month 7800...

The annual Internal Rate of Return required [ 1 Answers ]

The annual Internal Rate of Return required on a cash flow beginning with $10,000 annual deposits in the beginning of the year, lasting for 10 years, and resulting in a future value at the end of year 20 of $400,000.

Help with Internal Control [ 2 Answers ]

(Internal Controls—Office Service Client) Brown Company provides the following Office support services for more than 100 small clients: 1. Supplying temporary personnel 2. Providing monthly bookkeeping services 3. Designing and printing small brochures 4. Copying and reproduction services 5....

View more questions Search