Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    yettasue Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 30, 2017, 01:17 PM
    How do I increase pressure on a magnetic Moen 26112SRN handheld shower?
    Increase shower flow
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

May 30, 2017, 02:53 PM
    There is one, and possibly two, flow restrictors that you want to remove. Unscrew hose from the hand-held shower head, look inside the handle and you will see flow restrictor. Take it out. See if flow improved. If not, you can also look for flow restrictors at both ends of the hose, at the diverter attachment at the shower arm, and where water diverts to the hose. Other than that, if you feel like water pressure is low all over house, you can increase pressure by adjusting water pressure regulator in front of your house

With that said, please keep in mind that nozzles on the shower head are designed to have very low water flow as they are mandated by the Law to produce certain volume of water flow. Even with flow restrictors removed, you may not see too much of a change, unless you install a shower head that is capable of higher water flow

Hope that helps

Milo
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

May 30, 2017, 03:05 PM
    People frequently say pressure when they actually want more volume, which is your case?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Low pressure in handheld shower [ 1 Answers ]

Our new kohler bancroft handheld shower has very low pressure there was no problem in other bathroom shower nor on old showerhead contracter sayys "that's the way it is"n

How To Increase Temperature on Moen Shower Valve? [ 1 Answers ]

I've read many posts on this common problem and haven't solved my problem. The cog gear under the handle is in the 12 o'clock position and allows me to turn the handle from 6:00 to 9:00 (r to l), the hottest setting. I changed the position of the cog gear many times and anything other than 12:00...

Water pressure in new Delta handheld shower unit [ 2 Answers ]

I purchased a Delta hand held shower unit a couple of months ago and I need more water pressure. Is there a water saver that can be removed to increase pressure?

Moen Pressure Regulating shower valve [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Moen Pressure Regulating Scaldguard single handle shower valve that reduces pressure way too much. I changed the shower head thinking that might help. Is there a way to disable the pressure regulating mechanism and scaldguard feature to get full pressure?

View more questions Search