Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NorPlan Posts: 425, Reputation: 3

May 29, 2017, 11:42 AM
    Ceiling Fan / To Flush Mount To Ceiling?
    We have a Ceiling Light / Fan from Hampton Bay (Home Depot).. The objective is to mount the Fan flush to the Ceiling, even indicated on the Box it could be Flush Mounted.. Looking at the Kit and all the Parts just didn't seem possible.. I queried Home Depot people at our local store to No Avail.. With Ball / Downrod in hand I asked the HD People.. As there is a Slide Mounting Bracket fixed to the Electrical junction box to which the Ball / Downrod slides into.. Because I would like to mount the Fan flush to the ceiling and can't eliminate the Downrod and because the main fan body is attached by a Pin through a hole at the bottom.. HD told me to loosen the screw holding the Rubber Ball at the top and slide it down the rod to desired depth then screw back against the Rod(as there is only the one screw hole at the Top).. I asked and Just How Secure is that idea, considering the weight pulling down? Sorry for the Ramble , Any ideas or help Appreciated.. Cheers Thanks
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

May 29, 2017, 02:11 PM
    What model? We may be able to do an online install lookup. The last one I installed flush had an adapter plate that screwed to the ceiling box and then the top fan housing had 4 screws to mount to the plate.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jun 3, 2017, 10:03 AM
    Sounds like the one where you remove 3 of the 6 screws on top of the fan(every other one), then screw the canopy on top of the fan with the 3 screws you removed.
    Good Luck
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jun 5, 2017, 09:21 AM
    Oh Yeah, You may have to push out a piece of plastic that covers the holes on the canopy

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can't take flush mount ceiling light down [ 1 Answers ]

Flush mount dome style ceiling light. Can't get the nut to come loose and I'm afraid the dome is going to break. Any ideas?

Uninstall Flush Mount Ceiling Light [ 1 Answers ]

Nuvo Lighting 60/3107 "Kingston" Flush Mount Ceiling Light How do I undo this fixture to remove the dome! This is such a pain

Flush Mount Ceiling Light. [ 3 Answers ]

I have only 2 sets of wires (not 3) coming out of the ceiling box and I am replacing a ceiling fan with a Flush Mount Ceiling Light. I identified the live wires and connected them to the light fixture wires - black to black and white to white; light doesn't work. What else is needed?

I cannot remove a flush mount ceiling lamp! [ 11 Answers ]

I am trying to remove a flush mount ceiling lamp to install a ceiling fan. I already took out the dome, the lights, and the threading tube that I thought secured the plate but I cannot remove the plate!! Is there something I'm not aware of?? Someone please help me!!

Flush Mount Ceiling Fan [ 2 Answers ]

We are building a house with 9 foot ceilings in some bedrooms. Does anyone have any suggestions for flushmount ceiling fans? I would assume we would need to stay around a foot total, including lamp kit, from ceiling to botton of unit. Any suggestions are appreciated.

View more questions Search