Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rebeccarebecca Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 27, 2017, 02:11 AM
    Clarification of Ritalin Hair Follicle test results
    I am desperate for someone to be able to assist me in clarifying a Ritalin hair follicle test conducted on my hair.
    My hair was sent off to a laboratory in France as no-one in my country tests for Ritalin or does hair follicle testing, hence I cannot get any assistance or explanation on the results.

Because of what the results returned, I have now been accused of having a secret drug addiction which has, and is ruining my life and I am absolutely distraught and devastated.

My hair was broken down into month by month sections, i.e. 0-1cm for one month, 1-2cm for the second month and 2-3cm for the 3rd month.

The results returned readings of 3, 5 and 8pg/mg respectively The cut off levels for the test were 2 LOQ.

I did in fact take some Ritalin ONCE ONLY during this 3 month period, I have not disputed this, so am seeking advice on why the Ritalin would continue to show up in the remaining 2 months if I only took it once?

I am also seeking advice on what the cut off 2 LOQ actually means, and what level of use it would indicate, as well as what level of use the 3, 5 and 8 pg/mg would indicate? i.e. would it be reflective of only taking Ritalin once?

I am stuck in a terrible situation at the moment of being labelled a drug addict due to these results. This has consequently destroyed my character, reputation and sense of self worth.

I am absolutely devastated and as no-one in my country can decipher or comment on the results, I have no counter explanation and no where to turn for further information.

I cannot even contact the lab in France to clarify what the results mean for my own hair as the test was not ordered by me.

I spoke with my GP about the results and she said she would never make that conclusion based on the tests. She said there are many factors that can give a false positive and the following should be taken into consideration:

a) Does Quetiapine share any of the same drug compounds as Ritalin? (This is my regular medication)
    b) Has the testing taken into account the sensitivity and specificity?
    c) Has the testing taken into account a persons body weight? (I am 45 kgs)
    d) Has the testing taken into account a persons metabolic rate?
    e) Has the testing taken into account that the Ritalin was a slow release type?

Please, please, please if you can offer any advice, answers to my questions or explanation as to why it is present for 3 months when I had it once, and what the levels indicate, or refer me to someone else who can assist, it would change my life and allow me to clear my name of this appalling accusation.
    Thank you and kind regards - Rebecca
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 28, 2017, 02:23 AM
    Did the lab know of your Quetiapine prescription? Who ordered the test? How long have you been taking Quetiapine? Typically though a retest is in order, as though it's RARE it's possible your meds may have given a false positive, and if it's true about a one time use of Ritalin then the values should go down over time.

So who ordered the test and since the results are confidential, what is this reputation thing about? Were you fired or something? What other med are you taking, scripted or over the counter?

Maybe you got the month values backwards and that would make more sense. Where did you get the Ritalin and what was the dosage?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hair follicle drug testing majuana results positive 3.1pg/10mg what does this mean? [ 4 Answers ]

Im trying to find out what 3.1pg/10mg Majuana detected through Hair folicle tests actually means? Tested 6mths worth and I swear my last sesh was 3 months or more ago and stupid anti me social worker trying to say I smoked in the last 6wks or so. This is wrong... help me learn to understand...

Hair follicle test [ 2 Answers ]

I randomly took a small amount of mdma about 35 days ago and I have a hair follicle test coming up in the near future.will I pass?

Does having your hair colored and cut affect the results of alcohol in a hair test [ 1 Answers ]

If you color your hair before taking a hair folicle test will it affect the results of the hair test

Help, hair follicle test, used hair from arm pits [ 2 Answers ]

I stopped smoking in January 2012, before that I smoked two to three joints a week. July 7, after a friend died I had a couple of hits off a blunt. Yesterday, apron 49 days from when I last smoked weed, I had to take a hair follicle test for a possible job. I didn't know they were doing hair...

Hair follicle test for marijuana. Results were 0.7pg/mg. What does that mean? [ 2 Answers ]

How often did they smoke? How much? How far does a hair follicle test go back?

View more questions Search