Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CattySteve Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

May 26, 2017, 02:59 AM
    Biometric intake * Vetting intake
    Can anybody tell me the definitions & purposes (if it's not a bothersome to explain in details, please) of some tests called "Biometric & Vetting intakes" when you're asked to do them?

Also, if there are any kind of deferences between the tow of them?

In advance, Thank you.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

May 26, 2017, 07:23 AM
    Sets a basis profile for possible future encounters with police. DNA is one marker.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 26, 2017, 08:02 AM
    Biometric intake are actually CLINICAL testing done by laboratories for identification purposes, while vetting intakes are done by experts via interviews, for a behavior/psychological profile.

In the criminal justice system both are used to identify and manage prisoners. Who ask you to take your test?

May 26, 2017, 10:08 AM
    Many thanks for answering in such a short notice, I was asked by international organisation related to diplomatic vacancy within this department.

Should I be worried from them both or from one more than the other? You sounded serious in your question, so I got spooked out :P

Is this a positive sign in getting hired? As this is the most recent step from them from a long stressfull loop of interviews & oral/written tests till today (2-3 months till now :( ).

Thanks again for explaining

Hmmm I see thanks for explaining :)
    Expert

May 26, 2017, 10:55 AM
    Diplomatic (RE:GOVERNMENT) is VERY stringent,and thorough... don't be spooked. Vetting to some degree is an important part of any organization.

See it as a background check.

May 26, 2017, 12:53 PM
    Your answers just made my day so far, since I've been googling it since morning and saw so many hot/cold answers (non related to the question itself) as everyone is explaining from a personal openion or his thoughts.
    But yours were strightforward and to the point, have you done them before or you have a rich general knowledge on it, in all ways you're my ensyclopedia from now on...
    Tomorrow is the big day, will go take them at 8:00 am. I'll be updating you with wherever I'll go through to evaluate the outcome together "if i'll get chickened out and mess things up, too ;)".

Wish me luck :)

May 26, 2017, 01:01 PM
    P.S: they already did me a background check as they sent me some applications/forms and gave me 1 week max to fill out, sign them a d resend it back via email too,, I was done within 2-3 days.
    Then, they said they will get back to me after about 1 month max if they found my statements in them positive or negative to guide me for my next step which is biometric/medical tests instructions, but after 11 days they said to bring a hard copy of the applications I already sent plus, my original identifications to do biometric/vetting intake appointment tomorrow 27/05 at 8:00 am.

My question is if they already have the applications and they already checked them, why asking me again for a hard copy?
    Expert

May 26, 2017, 01:29 PM
    Thanks for the kind word. Banks, governments, and insurance companies are KNOWN to be very strict when hiring people and have a strict PROCESS for bringing in new people. Instead of seeing ghosts (I know, a bit scary, and can be unnerving when it's new), just keep it simple, and follow directions, and good luck.

May 26, 2017, 02:06 PM
    You are most welcomed, ill be as a parrot..
    Thanks for your generousity

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Where is the air intake? [ 4 Answers ]

There is a metal panel in the ceiling of the bathroom above the shower that when you turn the heat on it sounds like the sucking is coming through there. But there is an air intake where a filter goes in the hallway, but there is a dusty air duct running above that. So where is the air coming from...

Car air intake [ 5 Answers ]

Ok... On a 1990 civic at the rear of the throttle body there is a connecter with 2 small hoses... One leads up into the air intake and the other into the throttthe... What is this part called

Intake air from outside? [ 1 Answers ]

For 95% new gas furnace

View more questions Search