Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Silverrage Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 23, 2017, 05:34 AM
    Silver jewellery
    What is difference between oxidized silver and sterling silver ?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

May 23, 2017, 06:40 AM
    They are basically the same. SS is not pure Silver, it is typically 92% Ag. Other metals are alloyed into the silver. Exposure to sulfur compounds, causes the darkening of the surface .
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

May 23, 2017, 07:49 AM
    Beware of the term oxidized silver. Doesn't have to be sterling!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is a silver soldered tray #05002 stamped Child's international silver co. worth? [ 1 Answers ]

I found a silver tray in the attic-- it's from Child's international silver co. it is silver soldered and not decerated kind of plain the number on back is 05002. It says 20 in by 23 oval shaped. I would like to know how much it is worth?

International Silver Co - silver soldered creamer/ sugar 05002? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a sugar(no lid)and a creamer marked the same. Above it has "Congressional Country Club, beneath that, International Silver Co. Silver Soldered 05002 5 oz with a small boxed '24' What can you tell me about these ?

US silver coin certtificate of 1923/ raised a mortgage on gold and silver treasury [ 1 Answers ]

I saw silver coin certificates of 1923. On it sys, Face Value: One Hundred Million The Certificate Raised a Mortgage on Gold Silver Treasury Jade Ware Valid Forever At Sight Pay To The Bearer.Is this real?

Jewellery co name [ 1 Answers ]

Unique Name of Jewellery exports co

View more questions Search