Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nargis123 Posts: 28, Reputation: 1

May 22, 2017, 09:07 AM
    Corporate social responsibilities
    Can someone please give me their input on the below.

I have extracted a piece of information from 'Leon Restaurant' from their website about their social corporate responsibilities.

The statement says:

'we started the process of removing nitrates in our chorizo (pork sausages). We worked with our supplier to produce a natural choir which fits in with our values of ingredients and taste. It took a lot of time but we got their in the end.
    It is lower in salt than its commercial housing. It contains only 6 ingredients: pork, garlic, cayenne, paprika and salt. They are baked rather than fried before putting on customer's dish'.

would this be a ethical responsibility or philanthropic responsibility?

I would have thought it may be philanthropic as they are going out their way to improve quality of food for their customers.
    But then again, could it be an ethical responsibility to keep up with their values of using fair trade organic products which is one of their aims, thus removing nitrate from their sausages, they are obliged to do what is right and fair, avoiding any harm to their customers.

Please can someone help me.

Thank you
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 22, 2017, 09:40 AM
    You posted this under Distance Learning. Is this a homework question?
    nargis123 Posts: 28, Reputation: 1

May 22, 2017, 09:48 AM
    Yes this is a homework question. I am not asking for the answer. I have provided my answer in which I believe could be true, I just wanted to get some input on the answer I provided. It is just a brief one which I will of course amend and add more to.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 22, 2017, 09:54 AM
    Does it have to be one or the other? Can it be both? If so, which would come first?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 22, 2017, 10:03 AM
    Could it be both, and a marketing strategy to impress the health nuts?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 22, 2017, 10:29 AM
    And a marketing strategy to plump up the restaurant's bottom line?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

May 22, 2017, 03:30 PM
    Ethical only. If the owner feels that nitrates are bad, but the gov't hasn't done enough about it, then he is doing what he thinks is right.
    Not charitable. Healthy food sells, and presumably he knows that, and charges what he needs to make a profit, not give it away.

(PS - you are supposed to give us your speculation first.)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I am looking for a name for an event business .I will have corporate and social event [ 2 Answers ]

Please offer suggestions for a business name for an event business.

What are the responsibilities of next of kin [ 3 Answers ]

I am next of kin to a widowed aunt. She has a lawyer as trustee of her estate. What are my responsibilies as next of kin. She requested verbally that I should ensure that her wishes be done.

Responsibilities of next-of-kin [ 1 Answers ]

My mother died last week in the state of Florida. My aunt was named the executor of her estate in the will which has not yet been submitted to the probate court. My mother made my 17 year old daughter the beneficiary of her entire estate. I am the co-owner of the credit union account where her...

View more questions Search