Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Fordphil1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 21, 2017, 11:04 AM
    How do I get information on somebody from Ghana Africa
    I have been speaking to this lady in Ghana Africa, how do I find out about her before I try to bring her to the United States ?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

May 21, 2017, 11:11 AM
    Dude, how much has she asked for ?
    The chance that you are being actively scammed are HUGE, best to get out now and look elsewhere for love.
    Ghana is well known for these type of romance scams..
    Fordphil1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 21, 2017, 11:49 AM
    She hasn't asked for anything yet. She said she was going to renew her passport. I said I would go to the travel agent and get her an airline ticket. Her reply was it doesn't work electronically in Ghana if you are leaving from Donna. She said the ticket will have to be purchased there. I'm going to check with my travel agent tomorrow to see if that is true . Everything is been great until today, I think you might be right my friend
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

May 21, 2017, 12:01 PM
    This is how it always starts.
    She'll than need money for her visa, medical, the odd bribe to get it through quicker, travelling allowance, etc.
    Once her flight is confirmed, she'll be involved in an accident on the way to the airport which will need further cash, or she'll be arrested and need bail moneys.

This is a tried and tested scam routine..
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

May 21, 2017, 12:25 PM
    Good lord... this is such a well known scam its amazing people still fall for it.

Save yourself time and just send them your bank account number and routing information... which gives them what they want, all your money, or walk away. You are being played for a sucker.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

May 21, 2017, 12:27 PM
    Ghana used to be THE romance scam capitol of the world. Now they come from everywhere.

Google 'romance scam' and read for weeks.
    Dr. Phil's TV show has them sometimes. Both men and women are equally gullible, and some won't see the light even after $100,000 or so, and even after the pictures are shown to be someone else, and the voices, and even the hired person who sees you for 2 minutes and then has to run or hop on a plane....
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 21, 2017, 12:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by joypulv View Post
    Ghana used to be THE romance scam capitol of the world. Now they come from everywhere.

Google 'romance scam' and read for weeks.
    Dr. Phil's TV show has them sometimes. Both men and women are equally gullible, and some won't see the light even after $100,000 or so, and even after the pictures are shown to be someone else, and the voices, and even the hired person who sees you for 2 minutes and then has to run or hop on a plane....
    On Thursday and Friday just passed, Dr. Phil featured and picked apart a Nigerian romance scam with the victim and his unhappy wife on stage. What fools we mortals be!
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

May 21, 2017, 12:37 PM
    Women outnumber men in almost every country... add in men tend to die younger and those numbers become greater the older you get.

So there really are no excuses to NOT look for partners local to you. At least if they are real, they aren't trying to find a sucker to help them get a green card whom they will promptly leave afterwards. Which is one of the other scams where actual real people are involved. Involving mail order brides for losers, or an illegal already here trying to become legal.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 21, 2017, 01:50 PM
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/relati...ad-677503.html

Don't fall for it!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 21, 2017, 04:45 PM
    It is a lie, they get a ticket that they can refund, or they get the money and never show up.

This is how it works. They ask for ticket then cost for visa. It takes some sort of visa to come to the US. They normally ask for 10 times the real cost.

Then guess what, they say they need money in the bank to prove they will able to return and so on.

After that they get robbed or some airport worker requires a bribe.

Then they get in car accident on the way to the airport and you don't hear from then for weeks, and then they, or a "friend" calls and needs money for hospital. This keeps happening till you run out of money or they figure it out.

Also if this is just online chat, you are talking to a dozen people, they work in large offices with 20 or more people in shifts 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
    They use pre-set scripts and record all you have said.
    dougsfreezin Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 17, 2017, 02:26 PM
    What's the chance of a woman getting smart and getting out of the romance scamming game and leaving Ghana for said sucker in USA? DOES IT EVER HAPPEN/
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Aug 17, 2017, 05:48 PM
    Your other post sounds like someone tried it on you!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

USA Law of Ghana, Africa immagration. [ 2 Answers ]

What do I an American Citizen need to do to bring a fiancé from Ghana Africa into the USA to marry.

Ghana Africa here we go again [ 12 Answers ]

I know you all are probably tired of this question and I know that I am probably being scammed but I am really trying to find out about somebody over there. All I have is the name and don't even know if its real. She says it is Candy Smith with a double y at the end of Candy. She says she is 31...

Passports and visas from ghana africa to u.s. [ 1 Answers ]

How much does it cost for a Ghanaian to get a passport and visa to enter the US

People search ghana africa [ 1 Answers ]

I want to find out some information about a 34 y/o woman living Accra ghana. Her name is jeanette sylvia Cofie

What all do I need to travel from Ghana , Africa? [ 2 Answers ]

I want to know prices of passport renewal and costs of medical examination and visas to come to the united states

View more questions Search