Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Thots Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 21, 2017, 08:08 AM
    I need help to stay with the woman I love and spare her a poorlife full of misery
    My name's thomas and I'm a 23 y.o frenchman. My girlfriend, Qing, is Chinese and we met there. She's just finished her studies abroad in england and I was there as well, and her visa is about to end. We've been together for some time and we want to stay together. What is the best way for me to have her come to france and live there with me, visa-wise or work permit-wise? She doesn't speak French fluently. She hasn't had a job offer yet. She doesn't have much money and her father can't support her much (he just finished paying for her studies). I need her. I love her. She can't go back to China, she loves it in the west! China's hard to live in and get out of, she'll never have a life she'll want to have there. I can provide a free roof and food for her, but how do I get her to be... legal there? Please, help me find a way to let her stay. I beg you, please, please help me.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

May 21, 2017, 09:02 AM
    As they say, "Love is blind". No job, doesn't speak the native language and no money... "get her to be... legal there". Speak to the French Embassy where you are located. It is becoming much more difficult to try and enter another country anymore, particularly under the circumstances you posed.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 21, 2017, 10:51 AM
    Have you considered marrying her?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

May 21, 2017, 12:32 PM
    You better find a lot of money because the immigration floodgates aren't open to everyone... now more than ever. It isn't easy and it isn't cheap... and if you (not someone else) aren't gainfully employed and able to prove you can financially support them, odds are VERY much stacked against you.

And marriage doesn't eliminate that at all under current laws as THAT has been seriously abused in the past and changed as a result.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

May 21, 2017, 12:41 PM
    I'm in the US, where students overstay their visas all the time. (At least til now, perhaps - not sure where the Trump admin stands on this.) What I am curious about is why you both have waited til AFTER the LAST MINUTE to look into this. She must be smart enough, you both must be, to have talked to all sorts of people local to the school, local to you - other Chinese students, professors, and so on. She can get a menial job while she works on this, and you both can find out what current requirements are for a more permanent visa. It doesn't even sound like you even read the French immigration web page!!??

You both show remarkable helplessness. Love and strangers online won't get what you want.

Time to actually get to work. This is something you need to do, not us. It can be done.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should I leave my current beau who is full on married to another woman [ 9 Answers ]

I am 28 this year while my beau is 20years my senior. He is happily married for over 20years and has 3 grown sons. He has never string me along or led me up the garden path by promising me marriage&babies. In fact, I personally don't EVER wish to have kids and I get claustrophobic if he stays (or...

Should I stay with husband to spare the pain? [ 3 Answers ]

I have been married for 14 years, and have two girls 5 and 7. My husband and I adopted them, after I basically pushed him into it. He has since come to love the girls with all his heart, and is a great dad. However, he's been a lousy husband for years. He ignores me, yells at me, and seems bummed...

Behind the scenes worker falls in love with a woman competing for a mans love [ 1 Answers ]

What movie is about how a woman competes to win the love of a bachelor on a TV show then falls in love with one of the workers?

Bowl will not stay full [ 5 Answers ]

The toilet bowl will not stay full. I slowly leaks out until there is just a little bit of water in the bottom. If I hold the handle down just a little I can fill it up but then it slowly leaks out again. What gives?

View more questions Search