Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DoodleDo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 19, 2017, 02:51 PM
    Question about html/css and linking local files a question of security.
    I'm sorry for this total noob question, but I'd rather be safe than sorry. (ive only been coding for like 2 weeks)
    I am making a joke website for my brothers birthday using notepad++ and my limited knowledge. It won't ever be a live website and only he will have access to it.
    I am currently in the process of coding the links to some local files. I know chrome and Firefox don't allow you to link to local files for obvious security reasons. There are workarounds that I haven't tried because I want to make sure that I won't be putting my files and computer at a higher risk because I'm linking to local files through my fake website.
    Any advice is greatly appreciated.
    Thank you in advance.
    InfoJunkie4Life Posts: 1,409, Reputation: 81
    Ultra Member

May 22, 2017, 11:02 AM
    What do you mean by linking local files.

Are you trying to utilize style sheets, create download links, insert images, etc.

Often in html using the <a href tag, you can link protocols, document anchors, and both relative and absolute URL's.

Here is a good rundown.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I have some Deleted files which still appear in desktop background and html files [ 7 Answers ]

I have windows XP SP3 I have some Deleted files which (although no longer existing within "my documents") still appear in desktop background and html files. These are files which were originally downloaded direct from internet onto usb "D" drive and hard disk "C and given file names". These...

Javascript question: Can I get The html content inside a frame? [ 1 Answers ]

Is it possible to get all html code of the page inside a frame with the frame name for example: <iframe src='file.php' name=framename id=framename></iframe> Then how do I get the html content of 'file.php'?

Html question [ 3 Answers ]

I am planning to update the look of my site and especially want to update the background (this was created as part of a trellix wizard).  Are there any sites that I could visit that assist me ?   I also have a couple of pictures that I may wish to use as the background - I know you can write...

HTML question [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I would like my website to display the date automatically (without me having to update the page each day) , can anyone let me have HTML to do this ? I can understand that putting the time on the page could be more complicated allowing for time zones but hopefully the date is a bit...

View more questions Search