Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Winsometee Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 18, 2017, 06:16 AM
    How do I respond to an unfavourable interview feedback
    I entered the second stage of a job interview and after the second stage I received a mail that the feedback from my interview was positive, therefore I should send some documents while the sourcing process continues.

I sent the required documents and soon again I got another mail that I should provide the contact details of one of my past employer since they will be conducting a background reference check on me, I immediately provided all the required information.

However, I never heard from them for about 10days until now that I got a mail informing me I have been kept in view but for now I would not be proceeding in the sourcing process.

I want to respond to the mail, but what do I say?
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

May 18, 2017, 07:35 AM
    I would suggest something like this:

"Dear so-and-so, thank you for the consideration. I enjoyed the opportunity to meet and discuss my experience and qualifications. Please keep me in mind if other positions open up. I would also appreciate if there is any specific feedback you can share with me on my interview or on my qualifications I would sincerely appreciate it. Thank you."

It would be great if they could give you that feedback, but be aware that in many companies hiring managers are specifically warned to NOT give feedback to job candidates that do not get an offer, but let HR manage any and all interactions once the hiring decision is made. That's the case with my employer, and in fact we are instructed to shred all hand-written notes once the search is completed. So don't be surprised (or too disappointed) if you get no response.
    Winsometee Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 18, 2017, 07:56 AM
    This is really helpful, I am indeed grateful. Thanks
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

May 18, 2017, 09:11 AM
    All you know is that you didn't get the job. Nothing to indicate 'unfavorable review.'
    For all you know, the CEO's nephew suddenly needed a job.
    I know it's a letdown, but take a deep breath and say OH WELL.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How would you know if bank in a trial balance is favourable or unfavourable ? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I'm trying to answer an assignment question .Can you please explain how would you know if 'bank' in a trial balance is favourable or unfavourable ?

Looking for feedback on my interview, it's driving me crazy! [ 2 Answers ]

I interviewed for an administrative/operations job at a small fund 3 days ago. The person that interviewed me, whom I'd also be working with if hired, pretty much spent the entire interview discussing what the job entails and what his responsibilities are day-to-day. He talked quite a bit about...

Feedback from HR RE 1st Interview [ 2 Answers ]

Here is the feedback that was given to a Headhunter working with me in my job search from the VP of HR at a company where I interviewed. This was my first interview with them--the screening interview: "Nothing definitive except that the “style” was off – which is a component that is very...

Feedback on interview after being unsuccessful [ 2 Answers ]

I've applied for a job, been invited for an interview but was unsuccessful. I did request feedback, but they haven't responded. Is it a legal requirement that they do respond? Will I be able to something about it?

View more questions Search