Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    20nicole12 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 17, 2017, 05:11 PM
    Work from home for moms
    Hello! I'm a stay at home mom looking for a job that allows me to be home with my babies. Any ideas or advice? Thanks!
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 17, 2017, 05:58 PM
    Most of them are scams. You can do freelance editing or line editing/proofreading if you're good in grammar, etc. You can get into daycare. You can do medical transcription, though those jobs are difficult to find now.

Others here may have better ideas.
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

May 17, 2017, 06:55 PM
    I sold Avon when I had littles at home. I also ironed clothing for neighbors.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 17, 2017, 07:18 PM
    Some things allow you also to take child with you. House cleaning, baby sitting other children.

As noted most interent things are just scams.

While not "at home" I do things like house inspections for banks on foreclosure, secret shopping.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 17, 2017, 07:23 PM
    My niece is a stay-at-home mom and sells Rodan + Fields skin care products. You can check their site for more information. It looks like there's a purchase of a $45 Business Portfolio to "allow" you to become a consultant.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

May 18, 2017, 03:14 AM
    Since routine child care requires a license and very specific building space, I would just advertise that you will babysit in your home.
    I have sold items on ebay for many years, although much less than I used to, as fees and shipping keep increasing, as does competition.
    Just buying items at the end of a holiday and saving them to sell a year later can work well. Or making seasonal items, if you are crafty. Christmas place mats, pot holders, etc., always listed about 3-4 weeks before people shop in stores. It takes time to get paid and ship.
    I used to find good deals in TJMaxx. Not so much later.
    I did pretty well with old silver dollars, but it took good forecasting of prices. I bought large lots and sold them individually. This also takes a good knowledge of photography.
    Actually selling online has a steep learning curve.
    freelancecdf Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 22, 2017, 06:50 AM
    I am shifting to working at home too and I am using online job platforms that offer jobs. Just beware of scam jobs. Try well-known sites such as Upwork, they offer legit jobs so far.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Can I claim my moms home interest on my taxes if she has passed away [ 1 Answers ]

My mom passed away last year. I am the executor to the estate and have continued paying the mortgage while we fix it to sell. Can I claim the interest on my 2009 taxes?

Evicting my brother and girlfriend from moms home [ 1 Answers ]

How can we evict my brother and hisgirlfriend who have been freeloading in my mothers home for 2 years now. He is abusive verbally and physically to the girlfriend and always has been for 20 years she's put up with it, but now my poor old mom has to live with it too. What was supposed to be a 2...

Stay at Home Moms [ 9 Answers ]

Would you abandon your career to be a stay at home mom?

Appreciating Stay at Home moms [ 4 Answers ]

I am not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I once read a poem or saying about appreciating Stay at Home Moms and being very touched by it. I cannot find it anywhere! Wondering if anyone knows of something nice like this. Thanks.

View more questions Search