Ask
    sebnanp Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 13, 2017, 08:09 AM
    Electrical load calculation
    we had a project done recently,

We have used 5 watts bulb.
    Total of 235 no.s
    voltage -240v

Wires used- 0.75mm duplex stranded cables and 1.5mm 3core cables, 8mm pvc connector
    I need to find the electrical load calculation for the above job.

Would be really appreciable if I get the ans.
    I have calculated the total amps. req.
    Total watts/voltage = 1175/240=4.8958 amp
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

May 15, 2017, 06:25 AM
    Please verify - the 5 watt lamps are all wired in parallel to the 240V power supply - correct? You have already calculated the load due to the lamps, so what else do you need? If you want to calculate loss due to resistance of the wiring you will need to be much more specific as to how the lamps are wired - how much current is flowing through each section of wiring and the length of each sections as well. Using 0.75 mm wire means you have resistance in the wires of about 0.033 ohms/meter of cable; from that you should be able to calculate I^2R heating loss.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Electrical load calculation formula? [ 4 Answers ]

I have 600 v supply about 700 feet away from my motor that is 40 amps full load I need to find out the size of the wire needed

Load calculation [ 3 Answers ]

How is the load for a sub-panel calculated? I had asked this in another post but never found an answer. This for a laundry room with a 240 volt /30 amp dryer and two 20 amp 120 volt ckt and one 15 amp 120 volt ckt. The feed line is apox. 25 feet. What size breaker should I install in the main panel?

Load Calculation [ 9 Answers ]

I have a 100 amp switchbox.The left side has 6 slots ( 1 double switch 20amp, 1 double bar 30amp and 2 single 20amp. The right side has 3 double switch midgets at 20amps and 2 single 20amps. My question is how much can my box take and how do I calculate the usage?

Load calculation [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Please advise me what are the factors considered for calculating the Tonnage Rate whilst selecting the AC units for Industry / office environment. Regards Pankaj

View more questions Search