Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JordiC Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 11, 2017, 02:12 PM
    I don't know if this is Tourette's or something else entirely?
    But there are times when I feel like this weird shiver-like? Feeling and a strong head twitch, my hands/fingers twitch fairly often, and my legs spasm a bit as well, shrug thing in one shoulder. There’s also this really strange noise that I’ve made a few times every day for the past 2-3 years, if I try to suppress it it becomes painful and it feels like my throat is closing up. I get asked constantly if I’m okay, or if I have to go to the hospital.

I was watching some tourette's documentaries today and I suddenly had a fear that it might be what’s wrong with me.
    There’s not really one thing that happens constantly throughout the day, but it’s usually a mixture of several different things. Some answers to this would be greatly appreciated! I’ve been wondering about it for a long time.

My symptoms have been getting worse.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

May 11, 2017, 02:39 PM
    If you have a neurological condition, which it sounds like, no amount of description online is going to get you diagnosed, LOL! There are many conditions that could fit what you are going through, including the most common, epilepsy.
    THE SOONER YOU SEE A DOCTOR, THE BETTER.
    Just an EEG for starters will tell a lot.
    So.... what is stopping you from doing so?
    JordiC Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 11, 2017, 10:15 PM
    I wasn't seeking a diagnosis. I also know for a fact that I don't have epilepsy.
    I'm calling my doctor tomorrow, I guess we'll see.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

May 11, 2017, 11:17 PM
    If you weren't seeking a diagnosis, what advice where you looking for?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

May 12, 2017, 04:00 AM
    JordiC, symptoms mean little in the context of your entire person (age, gender, weight, diet, health history, family history, other conditions, OTHER CONDITIONS ALREADY RULED OUT BY DOCTORS, medications and supplements, and where in the world you were raised or are now). Until you really understand that, please stop asking people online.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 12, 2017, 06:48 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by JordiC View Post
    I wasn't seeking a diagnosis. I also know for a fact that I don't have epilepsy.
    I'm calling my doctor tomorrow, I guess we'll see.
    Good call. Please update us when you can.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tourette's Syndrome [ 2 Answers ]

My father and I have Tourette's so I can only assume it's a genetic thing. The only good thing about it our syndrome is that it's not anything violent. Just a series of annoying tics and gestures and whatnot. Whether it be blinking, moving my ears, expanding my nostrils, raising my eyebrows, it...

Blurts out almost like tourette's syndrome elderly [ 3 Answers ]

Help... my father-in-law had a heart attack and then bypass surgery 4 years ago. He has no working arteries in his legs, only veins. He has one "dead" kidney and has had stents put in both carotid arteries... last week we were visiting and he blurted out stuff that made no sense... kind of like...

View more questions Search