Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lotz_of_Questions Posts: 179, Reputation: 17

Apr 16, 2007, 10:44 AM
    Felt Dizzy While Working Out
    On Satuday I went to the gym. I just started working out again since 2years. I walked/ran for 20mins. Lifted some weights. I had been working out for 45mins when I felt dizzy, I felt like if I was going to faint. I looked pale, and felt weak. I was working out fine. I wasn't rushing and I was going in a slow pace. Why do you think this happened to me? What can I do to prevent this?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Apr 16, 2007, 01:50 PM
    Did you eat beforehand? It sounds as though you may have had a low sugar level.

***EDIT****

What is your blood pressure like? This could have been something called orthostatic hypotension, which is low blood pressure when changing positions like from sitting to standing or laying to sitting.

Apr 16, 2007, 02:02 PM
    Yes I had a bowl of cereal (cinnamon toast crunch).
    Last I checked my blood pressure was fine. I had a problem in Sept (with my kidney & Liver) And also I didn't have enough potasium, so I was taking some potasium tablets. My blood pressure was high then.
    Expert

Apr 16, 2007, 02:04 PM
    Hmmm, are you still taking potassium?

Apr 16, 2007, 02:06 PM
    Not any more. It was a prescription. No refills. And they were huge. :)

I know I know there is sooo many things wrong with me. LOL :)
    Expert

Apr 16, 2007, 02:12 PM
    LOL, nah not a lot of things wrong with you. BELIEVE ME!!

This could have just been something transient. Maybe your sugar was just a little low, could have had a little blood pressure stuff going on from the exercise and all.

If it does continue though you would be well served to make a visit to your doctor.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dizzy kid? Or seizure.. [ 12 Answers ]

Hi, first time forum user here. I was searching on the net for a possible answer to a question I have. I just called our local hospital and the nurse was not able to help me at all, we live in a small town with a general practice doctor and a few nurses. I was playing with my daughter on the...

Dizzy / unreal feeling when using computer [ 2 Answers ]

My problem started around 6 months ago. I do office work, so I spend from 7 to 10 hours in front of the computer. I don't know if the type of screen has anything to do with it, but I use a MAG flat LCD screen as well as a laptop with LCD screen and I have the problem with both. I never had...

Headache & dizzy [ 2 Answers ]

Hi Everybody, I am using glasses from 3 years with 0.5 sight with both the eyes with little angle. I checked my eye sight regularly and it did not increase. But I feel like my eyes are tired quickly when I am working on the computer. I usually wear glasses only while working on the computer and...

Dizzy [ 5 Answers ]

Hi I'm 29yrs old and my dizzy spells are getting worst, I fainted a few times, I always had this problem but now its getting worst. Sometimes my heart beats fast and I sweat and I forget a lot in school or when someone talks to me. I lose balance a lot and I'm afraid to leave the house, this happen...

View more questions Search