Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cooo3 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 6, 2017, 03:54 PM
    HPV symptoms or something more serious?
    Hello, I am 20 years old and have had unprotected sex with one partner I was dating. After losing my virginity to this man, I have had about three UTIs and sometimes pain against my cervix during sex. After the Urinary Tract Infections I noticed a change in my discharge. It became thicker and had a light sour smell and taste. It has been about 5 months since Ive had sex and I went to get a pap smear about 2 months ago. The results came back that I didn't have any STDs, but I have HPV. I don't remember the strand. Since then, I have noticed small bumps (different from hair bumps) around my pubic hair and on my upper thighs. My discharge now has a very foul smell (fishy) and has changed from yellow to green to light brown. I have been wearing a tampon to minimize smell. I should be getting my period in about a week. I am very scared and need answers. I have only had one sexual partner.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

May 6, 2017, 04:01 PM
    Only a test can tell you, but it sounds like it might be trich.
    Trichomoniasis

Partners can get it too, without discharge, so they need to be treated too. Treatment involves both partners taking one large dose of a certain oral antibiotic.

Don't let any man whine about lack of sensation with a condom. Demand them.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 6, 2017, 05:58 PM
    I agree with Joy on this. Aside from trich, the fishy smell is indicative of bacterial vaginosis (BV).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What are the symptoms of Low T? [ 1 Answers ]

Low Testosterone?

2 days late & my cycle symptoms are also symptoms of pregnancy... should I be worried? [ 5 Answers ]

My boyfriend & I were messing around & now I'm two days late. I usually have discharge before my period & right now it appears to be the same. I have my usual symptoms before my cycle but they are also symptoms of pregnancy. Should I be worried & take a pregnancy test or should I wait a little to...

Odd symptoms [ 2 Answers ]

33 yrs old, 3rd pregnancy, 5 weeks. Period-like cramps and feeling like I'm bleeding but no blood. (These are usually normal I know) past 24 hrs cramps became constant and more intense, now also with low back ache and occasional sharp pains around ovaries. Adding to that, discovered today entire...

My symptoms [ 1 Answers ]

Hi everyone, I've been feeling sick the past few mornings not acc getting sick but just empty reaches I have no pains in stomach just the going to be sick feeling, my breasts are sore at the sides and front and are sore to touch could I be pregnant please help? Oh and did have unprotected sex a...

Odd Symptoms [ 6 Answers ]

:confused: I don't know if it's a pregnancy symptom or not, but I am so moody! Someone could tell me that I have something and my teeth and I'd probably cry!! My fiancé wouldn't quit bugging me and I started crying! I don't what's wrong with me, and now I feel fine?? Have any of you experienced...

View more questions Search