Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cwatters1970 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 6, 2017, 10:29 AM
    What is the difference between 2 prong or 3 prong for hayward pool motor
    I have removed my 2 pronged capacitor , and have a 3 prong to try and replace the 2 pronged one. The 2 came from a hayward pool motor and I salved an old motor for pools and its capacitor has 3 prongs, can I somehow use it. Its Saturday and nothing is open to get a new 2 pronged cap. Any ideas on who sells them on a Saturday ?
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

May 17, 2017, 08:48 AM
    A 2 prong(terminal)capacitor is one value(370uF, for example), a 3 Terminal Capacitor is 2 capacitors with 2 ends connecting to common. You would need to use the 2 of the 3 terminals that has the same value that you need. I have used a transistor for a diode, used 2 of the 3 leads?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Difference between 4 prong and 3 prong 220v cord [ 3 Answers ]

My dryer has a 4 prong plug the outlet is 3 prong. Also there is only one breaker for 220v, that is for the oven. Will I need another breaker for the dryer? And should I change the dryer cord or the outlet?

Connect 240V 3 prong motor to generator W/ 240 4 prong outlet? [ 6 Answers ]

As summarized, I'd like to run a 240 volt motor with 3 prong twistlock plug off my Generator that has a 240V 4 prong twistlock outlet, Have purchased a 4 prong dryer plug & cord. Not sure what function the extra lead performs, any help is greatly appreciated, Thanks...

What do I do with the white wire when converting a 4-prong dryer cord to a 3-prong? [ 2 Answers ]

I moved into an older house and have a brand new Maytag Bravos dryer. I took the 4 prong cord off and there is a white wire that was installed under the middle prong of the 4 prong cord. The white wire is part of the dryer... it comes from a bunch of wires inside the dryer. I am now putting a 3...

Changing 4 prong dryer plug to work with 3 prong outlet [ 1 Answers ]

I have a dryer I haven't been able to use. I moved into an older house and bought a wall outlet to match the plug that's on the dryer. The problem is, any way I rewire the outlet with given wires it won't work.

What is the difference in a 2 prong or a 3 prong condenser motor capacitor? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, 1996 Rheem AC (SEER 12) condenser fan moter replaced. (A.O. Smith 1/8 HP 825 rpm. 208-230 volt.) My old capacitor has 3 prongs, black, black and white. The white one has an orange wire that goes to the compressor. The new capacitor has 2 prongs, black and black. Where do I...

View more questions Search