Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chloeclinton Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 4, 2017, 01:11 AM
    Effectiveness of Mosquitoes lamps?
    Summer is the season that mosquitoes like to come out the most! And I am always the one being severely attacked.. the fear of getting bitten outside makes me just want to stay indoors. But I actually like holding patio parties a lot... Should I get any one of the mosquitoes lamps to try? Any suggestion for which model I should get?
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

May 4, 2017, 01:53 AM
    There are half a thousand different products that claim to control mosquitoes. Every one of them have a little disclaimer somewhere in the packaging that says the product can only help, despite the advertising claims. One thing that is proven to reduce the number of mosquitoes in an area is eliminating standing water so the larvae have no place to grow. Another is keeping the lawn mowed close to prevent adult mosquitoes from hiding in the shade of grass blades during the daylight hours.

After you have done those things (weekly), you can choose between zappers (if you have enough property to place them 100 feet from your yard) CO2 generators that can attract insects away, or fumigant oils or incense that burn during the party. The most effective control for mosquitoes, however, are bats. Putting up a bat house can reduce all flying insects in your area.

https://batconservation.org/help/bat...s/#section-Bat House
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

May 4, 2017, 03:35 AM
    For you personally, (aside from the usual sprays), I've heard that mosquitoes like soap scents. I went on a canoe trip once without showering beforehand, and it was very hot, and despite clouds of mosquitoes and everyone else horribly bitten, I didn't get a single bite. Don't know how that will work for you at a patio party! Maybe try unscented soap and rinse well.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 4, 2017, 08:17 AM
    Zappers and fogs can cut down on mosquitoes but none eliminate them completely. Sprays help some but not others, because it only takes a bite or two to ruin your outdoor fun.

All of the above and stay away from those smell good human products and GOOD LUCK!
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

May 4, 2017, 09:16 AM
    We tried a Bat Tower in the Keys, The Bats flew off.
    Citronella candles work(outdoors only)
    Avon's "Skin so Soft"
    Mister's

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Plan B Effectiveness [ 3 Answers ]

I recently had "one last fling" sex with my ex on 04/28, and we experienced a condom malfuction; I took the Plan B pill two hours later. On 04/30, my fiancé and I had "we're getting married" unprotected sex, he ejaculated in me. On this particular day, as my luck would have it, it was my last day...

Which mosquitoes bug repellent works? [ 2 Answers ]

Going to Rome, Italy next month and I heard the mosquitoes would eat you alive at night. Can you tell me the best bug repellent on the market that works? Thanks in advance, Scotty13

Efficiency and effectiveness [ 1 Answers ]

What is the difference between efficiency and effectiveness?

Bed bugs or mosquitoes? [ 6 Answers ]

I've been noticing itchy bug bites on my legs. Usually they are scattered randomly on my legs or arms. But once there were 4 in a row. How do I know if these are from bed bugs or from mosquitoes? They are itchy and red and swollen. I've never seen a bed bug in my bedroom. if they are bed bugs,...

Mosquitoes, flies, et al... [ 45 Answers ]

Some say that God has a purpose for everything he does. What do YOU believe his purpose was for creating mosquitoes, flies, and other pests?

View more questions Search