Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    eherrera888 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 2, 2017, 07:51 PM
    Ask a Harley Mechanic
    I changed my dual fire to a single fire as advised by my nephew.
    Is there an advantage or disadvantage in doing this?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 3, 2017, 08:05 AM
    My mechanic brother who has owned Harleys for years says this:

This only really makes a difference if you're looking for every little bit of power. Either works fine but whichever you have making it adjustable is more beneficial. More online if you search single fire vs dual fire. It really depends on your usage.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

May 3, 2017, 08:41 AM
    Think it burns unused fuel. Not sure it would help performance. Would like to see actual Dual Ignitions like Aircraft. 2 Plugs in each cylinder, with separate ignition, when you shut down 1 ignition, you will see an RPM drop, so Dual Ignitions DO Help. Never seen on a Car or Motorcycle, may be out there. Will have to Google myself.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ask a harley mechanic [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 2007 road king the oil light stays on I have replaced the oil pump, checked the switch, checked the valves, and drained the oil pan. What else do you think needs to be done? I'm at a loss right now

Ask a harley davidson mechanic for free [ 0 Answers ]

I have a 2001 Harley Road glide screaming eagle. It has a Magnetti-Marelli EFI.. I have the air cleaner off. It seems to misfire at times. I can feel this by putting my hand in front of the throttle body and you can feel this on the bike also. Any ideas? Double coil? Thanks Joe

Ask a Harley Mechanic Free [ 2 Answers ]

I have been asked by my insurance company for a copy of the Thatchum immobiliser but I have a 2014 Harley Davidson Trike that is fitted with a fatory fitted immobiliser with a tag system is this the same.

Ask a harley mechanic free [ 0 Answers ]

I have a 1981 FXWG. The right front break caliper is loose. The bottom bolt will turn then stop. Is loose but will not come out. What is the trick to tightening and loosening these break calipers./

Ask a Harley Mechanic Free [ 0 Answers ]

Hello, I changed the oil in my bike and when I started it up, it shot the oil fill plug across the yard and oil came out all over everything! What could be wrong? Thank you.. Cheryl

View more questions Search