Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    superstar18 Posts: 380, Reputation: 5

May 1, 2017, 01:45 PM
    Possible pregnancy question
    Is it possible to conceive after your period ended? My period ended on the 22nd and now I have been feeling weird the past couple days. My stomach has been a little crampy and I'm eating a lot more than usual. I feel hungry almost every hour. I have been dieting the past two months but I don't think it's because I have been dieting or else this would have started awhile ago. I did take a test but it came out negative but I think I took it too early. I also have been feeling more tired and I have been somewhat grouchy. I also have been a little naseous nothing big though like throwing up. I would just feel naseous after I eat. Also can you get pregnancy symptoms like in the first week. I have been freaking myself out about this.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 1, 2017, 02:16 PM
    You may as well relax a bit, as all your symptoms can be about many other things besides pregnancy. It's not typical for pregnancy to even show up after a week, but if you had sex, yes it's possible. I would relax and wait a week or so and test again.

I wouldn't freak out over this just yet.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

May 1, 2017, 05:24 PM
    It's possible to get pregnant any time during the month unless you know when you ovulate, and that means tracking ovulation by testing basal temperature for at least 6 months, and not by using an app.

Having said that, your period ended on the 22. If you are pregnant, it would be early for symptoms, and it would be way way way too early to test.

Wait until your next period. If you miss it, wait a week, then test using first morning urine. If that test is negative, wait another week and test again. If that test is also negative, wait for your next period. If you miss it, see your doctor for a blood test.

Good luck.
    superstar18 Posts: 380, Reputation: 5

May 1, 2017, 05:56 PM
    Thank you guys! I'm trying not to freak out about it but it's in the back of my mind. I have been thinking about it all day. I had a dream last night that I was and my friend said she had a dream about that and turned out that she was. Maybe I had that dream because I'm worrying too much about it. My friend told me to take the test and I said shouldn't I wait because it's too early and she's like well it will ease your mind but it didn't. I'm still worried but all I can do is wait. I haven't checked when I ovulate but maybe that would be a good thing to do.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

May 2, 2017, 09:12 PM
    Your friend is wrong. Getting a negative on a test right now, doesn't mean you're not pregnant. It's too early to test, which means a negative result right now, means nothing at all. How can that put your mind at ease?

I know it sucks to wait, and the more you have to wait, the more it's on your mind. Sadly, when it comes to pregnancy, it's all a waiting game, and there's nothing you can do to speed it up.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Question regarding pregnancy [ 7 Answers ]

I was quite close to my wife on bed, we didn't want to have sex but my penis came out from my underpants and she was nacked and the sperms were spread on her stomach and I doubt even on vagina. We are not ready for the child. Kindly suggest are there any chances to get pregnant and suggest some...

Pregnancy or no pregnancy. That is the question. [ 1 Answers ]

My husband and I have been trying to start our family for three years now. I lost our first child conceived in April 2011 (medicated at 12 weeks, had to go in a second time to have it sergicly removed at 18 weeks) with a persistent ectopic pregnancy and the second conceived in April 2012 (medicated...

Pregnancy question 14 dpo question about symptoms [ 1 Answers ]

Im 14 days dpo and have been having twinges and fluttering in my uterus. I had sex a couple of days before I ovulated and while I was ovulating. Could I be pregnant?

Pregnancy test question and pregnancy? [ 2 Answers ]

Hey it's me again... Well, a few days before my period, I had cramping like I usually do before I get my period, but my period usually comes within a day or a couple hours after the cramping... I had mini cramps before my period for 3 days before it finally came. It was heavy like my periods...

Another pregnancy question [ 3 Answers ]

Iam Married From Last 4 Years But Couldnot Conceive Yet.my Periods Delays Sometimes But Pregnancy Doesn't Happen . Ihave Also Got My Medical Test Done Which Is Ok N My Husbands Report Is Also Fine . Suggest Wat To Do Next To Have Pregnancy Fast .

View more questions Search