Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    suzzzy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 1, 2017, 11:29 AM
    Lower back muscle strain?
    I strained something in my right lower back while I was trying to lift a heavy cart. The shooting pain stopped me in my tracks. I have been taking ibuprofen and Tylenol and the pain becomes dull but still very uncomfortable and have been increasing the doses. I have tried heat and ice pack also. I made an appointment with my doctor but it 4 days away. What should do? Is this normal? Its been several days
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

May 1, 2017, 03:45 PM
    Yes, it's all too common, and it can take weeks to recover from.
    Ice is only for swelling. You need HEAT. Even if someone can feel a muscle that is taut, that is different.
    Soak in tubs and showers. Heat heat heat. Stay warm from head to toe.
    Be sure to move every 30 minutes or so, if sitting. (On a heating pad, of course!)
    Move around gently, bending side to side and front to back, just a LITTLE, to try to loosen the taut muscle.
    If you have someone living with you, have them feel for that muscle and extremely gently massage it, at each end as well as the middle.
    Take more ibuprofin than Tylenol. Neither is good for your kidneys, but Tylenol is worse.
    Sleep with as many pillows as you have, behind your back and butt, between your knees, under your arm, to keep you about 2/3 way over on your back. While on your side, do sideways pelvic scrunches.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Did I strain or tear my groin muscle? [ 1 Answers ]

I was trying to learn a handstand and I didn't stretch( I know stupid) but basically while in the handstand I fell quickly out of it, my left leg stretched out like a split and my right leg was still in the air! I was almost crying with pain, it was an hour ago and I can't walk up the stairs! I...

How can I fix quad muscle strain in time for track meet [ 1 Answers ]

I pulled left quad last October. It seemed to heal, but when I stand up from the ground on one leg(left) it twinges. Yesterday, after 6 long jump runups and 3x60m on the track I ran a 90% 100m and the quad started hurting somewhat at about 70m. I came home and iced for 20 min. There is no swelling...

Muscle strain? [ 3 Answers ]

At work I had to lift a desk in order to run some wiring. The desk is extremely heavy and I had to strain pretty hard to lift it. I held it up for about 10 seconds so my co-worker could run the wires underneath. When I put it down my abdomen area hurted. Is it possible to hurt an organ by...

What can cause my lower hip area, lower back, and lower right side to hurt [ 1 Answers ]

The pain is in my right hip area. It also goes to my right side of my back and right side of my stomach.

View more questions Search