Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    laevans0161 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 1, 2017, 08:51 AM
    2002 Suzuki GSX600F Katana
    My bike have been sitting for the winter when I went to start it would start run as long as I give it gas without it it would shut off and won't start. This weekend I removed the tank cleaned it out good and put fresh gas in it. Got it started ran about the same amount of time then shut off. I put a cap of marvel in the tank waited 20 min. the back started just could get it to catch the choke so I could adjust the idle. I had to give it gas to keep it running. When I let up off the gas it shut off but this time I was able to restart it. It ran longer with the restart was able to put it into gear and ride it around in my court for about 15min. Come to a stop and it shut off and would not start. Waited 20min came back and it started but just puttered even with the throttle wide open like it wasn't getting any gas. I would like to know could it be one of the following
    1. one of the spark plugs
    2. gas filter
    3. Low oil ( Have not checked yet )

I think my carbs should be OK.. but I take it that one could be clogged up.
    I would start it here and there during the winter so Im taking that its not the carbs.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

May 3, 2017, 03:33 PM
    It still can be the carbs because the newer gas that is out there is a mixed fuel. It has aditives in it that over time can buil up inside the carbs. Your idle jets / ports can get clogged. You might try some sea foam in the fuel and see if that helps but you will need to run it for a bit to purge the system.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Suzuki [ 0 Answers ]

Where is crank sensor located on 2004 Suzuki Verona

Unlock code for Sanyo Katana? [ 3 Answers ]

I bought a new Katana Phone and then switched providers shortly after. I have heard that if the phone is "unlocked" I can use it with my new carrier by just switching the sim card. How do I do this? Can I do this myself? And if so how?

Cell Phones.. Razr vs Katana [ 1 Answers ]

What Phone is the better cell phone to buy.. Motrola Razr vs. Sanyo Katana ??

View more questions Search