Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    apples456 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 30, 2017, 01:46 PM
    Mac os 10.6.8
    I need to upgrade my browsers BUT first must upgrade my OS -- I was told by Apple geniuses I myself can actually upgrade BUT I suggested to them, "what happens if I'm confronted with a glitch or a problem I cannot solve?" -- They suggested they can upgrade for me -- I was also told the charge for this service was "nothing" -- Does all this sound correct to you? -- I want to make an appointment with the MAC people but I want to ensure I spoke with someone who relayed their "Apple policy" to me and NOT some personal agenda of a particular salesperson. -- PLEASE ADVISE ME!
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Apr 30, 2017, 02:15 PM
    You need a good dose of bravery.
    Confronting a glitch while upgrading your OS is no worse than stepping out of your house when it might rain.

As for what they told you - it's all true. After all, Apple is in the business of selling or giving Apple products to happy Apple users.
    But why not take pride in what you can do on your own?

Apr 30, 2017, 02:44 PM
    Thank you much, Joy.

Will take your advice.

In the event I choose to use Apple geniuses, by the way, how are my data and files kept from being violated? e.g., how do I know that someone won't abuse the info they may see on the screen?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Apr 30, 2017, 03:00 PM
    You don't know. But unless you are famous or infamous, no one cares, they have jobs to get done, and they have jobs they want to keep, presumably.

Think of it this way: your computer files are at risk every single second that you are online.

Apr 30, 2017, 03:07 PM
    Got it! -- I, for one, surely would not care! -- So, it's highly likely that you're correct.

Again, thank you, Joy. -- Great help!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

New I Mac [ 0 Answers ]

Hi I have just bought a new I Mac and am trying to transfer data from the old one to The new the old one keeps asking for a pass code which I can not find . Also my I Photo library only shows thumb nails (all there) but when I double click on a Photo a black screen appears with a triangle...

What is a DJ Mac 10? [ 4 Answers ]

I don't know if this question is being posted in the right place, but I think a Dj Mac 10 is a machine. What is it exactly?

Mac or Pc! [ 3 Answers ]

Im doing a projet on Pc vs Mac and I need to know the advantages of disadvantages of PC and mac

Mac or PC [ 3 Answers ]

What's the benefits of having a PC for an author

Pc or mac? [ 3 Answers ]

Which is better, PC or the Apple Mac? And why?

View more questions Search