Ask
    gradrancher Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 30, 2017, 05:08 AM
    Maximum Distance between bedroom and bath
    What is the maximum allowable distance between a bedroom and bath
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Apr 30, 2017, 06:24 AM
    I am happy to report that, despite building codes for ALMOST everything imaginable (in the US anyway), this isn't one of them anywhere I know of!
    There isn't even a building code for what constitutes a bedroom, although in zoning and real estate tax appraisal, a room cannot be called a bedroom unless it has a window and a closet.

Being an old lady with her own personal plumbing problems, I need to sleep out in the hall outside my bathroom, because I don't have the ever popular 'en suite' bath.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 30, 2017, 07:13 AM
    Agreed, there is no max distance, I would have to ask why this is or was an issue?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Apr 30, 2017, 06:41 PM
    IRC specifies sizes of rooms. Local codes may be more stringent but there is nothing about distance between rooms. Remember, some old Colonial homes didn't even have bathrooms.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jun 10, 2017, 01:25 PM
    How fast can you run. Likely a code, as well as how many baths for certain amount of Bedrooms. If Not, should be?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jun 10, 2017, 04:50 PM
    If you NEED a bathroom closer to a bedroom then you look for and buy a place or rent a place that has one closer. No place I have ever seen has a bathroom all that far from anything in a house (and few people can afford Mansions and anything else really isn't all that big) or any apartment I have ever rented or visited.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Maximum trap distance? [ 6 Answers ]

Is there a maximum horizontal distance that a trap can be from the drain? I have a mid-60s bi-level house that has a cantilever on the upper section. As shown in diagram #1, the original shower base extended over the cantilever and the trap was right under it. I gutted the bathroom and...

Maximum age for brother and sister to share a bedroom [ 14 Answers ]

Hi there, I have a son who will turn 1 in November and a daughter who will turn 5 in November also, they both share a room as I live in a 2 bedroom flat Does anyone know the legall age of when they have to stop sharing as I am getting no help from my local council into transferring into a 3...

Maximum distance between electrical outlets [ 1 Answers ]

WHat is the maximum distance between electrical outlets in Ontario

Maximum Age Brother and sisters can share a bedroom [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 2 year old daughter and a son who is about to turn 7 and they are sharing a bedroom. What is the maximum age limit that they can share a room being different sexes?

View more questions Search