Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LadyGC Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 27, 2017, 02:06 PM
    What is the best online trading platform?
    Hi. I am interested in investing and just started doing some research in the last 2 days. It is all quite overwhelming, but before I begin, can I ask you all which online trading platform you would recommend?

Also, do you think it would be a good idea to start between $5-$100 for the first investment?

Thank you.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Apr 27, 2017, 06:57 PM
    I have had money in both Fidelity (1990s) and Vanguard (last year). Both were excellent and easy to use.

I believe that Vanguard has the most money under management - TRILLIONS! They could start a country.
    The website is pretty easy to use.
    I don't think you can start with $100. They will tell the minimum.
    [I looked at Vanguard - $1000 for some and $3000 for others)
    You start with NO MORE THAN YOU CAN AFFORD TO LOSE. THERE ARE NO GUARANTEES!
    Obviously some funds are safer than others.
    You can fill out a profile and they will make suggestions.
    Don't buy anything but FUNDS at first. No stocks.
    Generally, you want to open an account and put money into cash (no funds) while you decide what you want. You need that cash section so you can buy and sell.
    You can send them a check to start, but need to arrange digital transfer afterwards, for your own good.

Truthfully, I'm not sure I would invest right now... the market is pretty high. I'd wait for a downturn that bottoms out and is starting to go back up.
    But you can ignore that if you just plop some money in a safe fund and let it sit there for the long haul.

Your tax return next year will be more complicated, so keep that in mind.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Trading Online [ 1 Answers ]

I just place a trade online for the USD/JPYBuy PUT PositionExpiry Time 20:00 GMTBut I wanted to Buy CALL Position instead of PUT Position. How do I correct this?I know I can "Rollover" have not done it before. What about the "sell" bar? What happened went I click on that? Does it sell instantly....

Online Trading Academy [ 0 Answers ]

Hi all, I went to a seminar for a stock trading school, Online Trading Academy, and they seem like a very legit operation but would like to know if any of you out have heard of then or went to them and your opinion of the school. Thanks for all answers.

Future trading online [ 0 Answers ]

Whether trading in future markete for goods like gold, crude oil, silver etc which we donot get physically but we have the contract only for that commodity. Is it allowed in islam or not.

View more questions Search