Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kirs157 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 26, 2017, 03:00 AM
    Cal Spas Heating Problem ~ have tried everything but control board! HELP!
    We have a 2004 Cal Spa with a CS5300 control board and the heater will not turn on. When I turn the tub on I get numbers 00, 11, 00, 100, 51 (current temp). The LED light is NOT on. I installed a new heater element and it is getting voltage (is the element always powered and the ohms is what turns on the heater?), pump is OK, pressure switch being adjusted did not help, checked the thermostat, the temperature reads 51 degrees, there is plenty of flow, the valves are open, filters are not clogged, there are no air locks. Does anyone have any suggestions on something else I need to try? Thanks for reading!
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Apr 27, 2017, 05:29 AM
    If you have Voltage to the Element and it is not Heating, Element is open. Flow switch will stop Element from heating if bad or needs adjusting. Should be open with no flow, and closed with flow. If you clamp an ampmeter around heater wire and it show no draw with voltage, Element IS open. Good Luck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cal spas troubleshooting [ 1 Answers ]

Have a new Cal Spa, two months old and never had a problem, but it has been in " SL " sleep mode for over 24 hours and is not heating. I have done the filter cleaning last week, no problem, jets work well in both settings. I turned off power to see about resetting it and it primed back up and went...

Cal Spa Heating Problem [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 1995 cal spa model PS-5-B the GFI tripped when the heat came on and the low speed motor I finally got the GFI to stay on when I turn up the thermostat to turn heat on the indicator light goes on but not the low speed side of pump. The high speed side of pump works fine on switch...

Cal Spas 2300 model will not auto heat [ 0 Answers ]

Was wondering if anyone could give me any insite on the issue I am having. The spa functions fine as it heating up and the jets working. The only thing is it will not kick on to keep the temp set at a certain point. I know electronics pretty well and just was hoping for some help to make this a...

Whirlpool dishwasher control board part # 8267371 problem [ 1 Answers ]

I have Whirlpool control board part #8267371. The problem is that the dishwasher does not complete a cycle. A green light on the door will flash. From what I understand it indicates a failure in the heater at some point. I replaced the heater and all I am left with now is the possibility that the...

View more questions Search