Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    foreverromantic Posts: 177, Reputation: 1

Apr 25, 2017, 05:12 PM
    Jaoulosie window problem
    I have accordian type windows in my patio and living room.
    Sometimes the crank needs to be changed.
    I have one window in patio that does not close at the very bottom level. The other levels are OK.
    Is this attributed to the crank ?
    My handyman checked it and is buying a new crank;
    The current one just turns and turns but the window stays open at the bottom about one inch. Thanks
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Apr 25, 2017, 06:47 PM
    Hard to say without seeing it. There are 2 screw drives in a window crank, like a rack and pinion in a car. Sometimes the crank screw wears out and slips a tooth. That will allow the window to stay open. Must be in FL or someplace warm, that type of window leaks a lot of air.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2003 ford explorer power window problem [ 1 Answers ]

The passanger window will not go down, switch is good, tried it on the rear window and it worked fine. There is 12 volts on the wire to the motor when the switch is pressed for the up control but not any when the down control is pressed.

Honda Accord power window problem. [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Honda Accord 2005 with a funny problem... The power window don't work except for the window of the driver... when I click the switch from the driver side, the other window click but don't go down... what can be rong?

ACURA INTEGRA power window problem [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 2000 Acura Integra 4d, with power window problem. Most of the time the front driver's side window will not work. But sometimes it does. It will go down and will get stuck where ever I stopped it, or will go all the way up. On the way up I can not control it. My question is is this the...

Odd window problem. [ 1 Answers ]

Something strange happened today.. When I got back home, I was SURE that all my windows were closed tight. Even if they were open, I would hear the air flow through the windows. Afterwards, I got out of the car and walked back inside. A few hours later, I noticed that ALL my windows were...

View more questions Search