Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ravengurl92 Posts: 301, Reputation: 6

Apr 25, 2017, 02:36 PM
    I need some job advice
    A job opportunity at a preschool I have always wanted to work at just came up and I'm definitely going to send in a resume. But I don't know how many hours a week it is and if it will fit in with my schedule. I currently work as a library page part time and don't want to give that up yet because I really like it and have only been working there 7 months. But I have also wanted to work at this preschool since high school and would not want to pass on that opportunity if I got the job. How can I decide between those two jobs if for some reason my schedule wouldn't allow me to do both?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 25, 2017, 02:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ravengurl92 View Post
    A job opportunity at a preschool I have always wanted to work at just came up and I'm definitely going to send in a resume. But I don't know how many hours a week it is and if it will fit in with my schedule. I currently work as a library page part time and don't want to give that up yet because I really like it and have only been working there 7 months. But I have also wanted to work at this preschool since high school and would not want to pass on that opportunity if I got the job. How can I decide between those two jobs if for some reason my schedule wouldn't allow me to do both?
    When I went back to work once my two kids were in school all day, I began work as a library page part-time and was able go in mornings (9-12) and evenings (6-9) while being an assistant pre-K teacher in the afternoons (1-4) at the same school my kids went to. I had figured this out with the help of my very cooperative library supervisor -- and still had time to eat lunch and fix dinner for my family!

Thus, talk to your supervisor at the library. But first, call the school to find out hours needed for the preschool job, since your library supervisor will need to know that.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 25, 2017, 05:18 PM
    Call and ask them what the hours are that they are advertising for.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Apr 25, 2017, 07:17 PM
    Apply. If you get an interview, ask what the hours and pay would be.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 25, 2017, 08:13 PM
    One step at a time. Apply and get the facts and then make a decision. Seems you may be able to do both, but to be honest the teaching jobs sounds like the most promising career path.

Few so young have two choices of having the job they want and enjoy.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Online job advice? [ 3 Answers ]

Guys, I am in tight need of money. I am working in 2 sites. Coinad.com and click2dad.net PS visit the sites and say me if they r genuine or scam. If they r scam, I can stop working there and stop wasting money on internet charges.

Job advice [ 1 Answers ]

Hi,I am rishikesh.I have a query is HR job a better Option Than SoftWare Developer

Job dilemma: need advice [ 2 Answers ]

Hello everyone! It's been a long time :-) Got to question! I work for the state doing clerical duties. I like it, but I HATE talking on phones! My mom works at a place where talking on phones are minimun. Her workplace is mostly processing and data entry. She works at a IT place if you want...

Advice/Help On Being Fired From Job [ 5 Answers ]

Hi I went into work and found that I was being terminated. I work for a grocery/retail store as a cashier and on the sales floor. They told me I was being terminated because when I would check the customer out I would give them a coupon from our own flyer to save them a little more on the item...

Need PSYCHIC advice on job [ 1 Answers ]

I was recently asked to do a modeling job with professional photographers and models. I'm so scared because I've never worked with professionals before. I really want to do this because I have always wanted to be one of those women in fashion magazines. Its also a great way for me to do more...

View more questions Search