Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    techtimdavis Posts: 103, Reputation: 1

Apr 25, 2017, 01:05 PM
    2003 Pontiac Aztek Security Light On!
    I changed the ignition lock cylinder, had 2 new PK3 keys made.
    I programmed the Pk3 keys and they both worked for a few days maybe a week or so.

Now the security light comes on when trying to start the car.

What else could cause this and how should I go about correcting it?
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Apr 26, 2017, 02:20 PM
    Have you tried a complete reset of the system ?

http://www.justanswer.com/pontiac/3u4em-2003-pontiac-aztek-replaced-battery-starter.html
    techtimdavis Posts: 103, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2018, 02:15 PM
    I've done the complete reset thing. I took it to the local community college to let their automotive department look at it. The only thing they can find wrong with it is that it doesn't recognize the key. I've tried the old lock cylinder and key and new lock cylinder and key with the 30 minute relearn procedure and it won't recognize any key. I'm getting ready to replace the module that goes around the lock cylinder. I'm thinking at this point it may be at fault and can't see any key that is put in there. My question is that if I replace the reader/exciter module that goes around the lock cylinder, will it need reprogrammed (the new module) or will I just have to try the 30 minute relearn on the keys to get it working again.
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Jan 30, 2018, 12:34 PM
    Actually, it sounds like bad parts and/or poor fit either of components or connectors.
    If you're using original equipment replacements from the dealer, you should have a warranty, but if you're using after-market replacement parts, you will still need to contact the vendor for any attempt at warranty replacement.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2002 pontiac aztek radiator cap [ 1 Answers ]

Steam around radiator cap. Upper hose hard always. Not running hot .smell coolant always. 2002 pontiac aztec.

Replacing thermostat in '01 Pontiac Aztek [ 6 Answers ]

It's NOT fun to drive with nearly no heat, so the time has come for me to break down and replace the thermostat in my 2001 Pontiac Aztek. Does anyone have an idea how to accomplish this feat? Considering the cooling system is not scheduled for maintenance until 100K miles (I'm getting close)...

How do I replace radiator on 2001 Pontiac Aztek? [ 0 Answers ]

How do I replace the radiator on a 2001 Pontiac Aztek? I need step by step and diagrams if possible. HELP!

2001 pontiac aztek running hot [ 1 Answers ]

2001 Pontiac Aztek is running hot. Do I need to change the thermostat or could the radiator just need flushing? Thermostat has been changed not long ago.

Change water pump on pontiac aztek [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to know how to change water pump on a 2001 pontiac aztek

View more questions Search