Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    misskaedy Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Apr 23, 2017, 09:12 PM
    People say I am attractive but I am never approached?
    I am 22 and I am never approached by men. I live in America where men are notorious for approaching women. Yet, strangers tell me that I am beautiful/pretty. I talked to a guy and he assumed I had a boyfriend, when I said no, he was in shock. He said I am a very beautiful girl and that he sees ugly women with bfs all the time. Yet, I am confused as to why men never seem to approach me in public anywhere. I have only been approached maybe one-two times in my life but that is it. Not even creepy or weird guys approach me but I don't go to bars or clubs. Do any other women have this problem of being told they are attractive but not approached by men? What is wrong with me if I am supposedly attractive but no guys are approaching me?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 24, 2017, 02:41 AM
    You have asked this question many times here going back a few years and I notice you never give much feedback or any personal insights nor answer any questions.

I only have two for you if you can respond. Do you have guy friends? What kind of social life, or hobbies do you engage in? No matter your attractiveness if you do not engage, or socialize, your chances of healthy interactions are very slim. Looks may attract but personality and attitude certainly is just as important.

Do you work, and socialize with coworkers? Tell me what's up with you!!
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Apr 24, 2017, 06:33 AM
    People tell you you are attractive. Is your attitude towards others attractive? Are you in an atmosphere where you are exposed to men?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Apr 24, 2017, 02:00 PM
    This has apparently been going on for almost 5 years, according to your posts. Have you ever taken the initiative? What is your social life? Where do you live. In my small town, Woodstock, GA, there are any number of free music events, First Friday parties, walking trails, river tubing etc. plenty of places to get involved.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Apr 24, 2017, 04:59 PM
    As has been said, personality and attitude is just as, if not more, important than looks. Looks fade, but a dull personality or bad attitude lasts forever.

Apparently this has been going on for many years. Maybe it's time to figure out if your personality is attractive, and stop concentrating so much on the exterior.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 24, 2017, 05:39 PM
    Beauty means little unless you are looking to be picked up for sex at a bar.

Adults are interested in what the person is all about. What is their personality and more. Why are people telling you, that you are pretty, if it is men, then they may be coming on, and you don't know it. It is not normal for people to always tell someone they are pretty,
    I don't at least seriously tell strangers this.
    If all you do is work and go home, men would not have a big chance to meet you. Also if you are so concerned over your beauty, then men may not be interested
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Apr 24, 2017, 07:27 PM
    You have been asking the same type of question from the age of 17 to 22. We never hear anything about you. Your term 'approached by men' is a strange, old fashioned concept, from a time when women sat sipping tea with each other and acted coy with men until they were properly introduced by a relative. Maybe your parents are from another culture?

These days young people get to know each other at school, work, mutual interest places like hiking or games or hobbies, and through friends. They don't wait to be approached. They talk about interests and go for walks in parks or get an ice cream. If you just stand there when approached, maybe it's time to join some club or take an art course, anything that interests you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do girls like being approached [ 12 Answers ]

Hi dudes.. How can I approach girls without seeming creepy? I am an good looking guy of 20 that gets a fair few stares in clubs and around places.. how do girls want to be approached? Is there any kind of technique that works?

My dog pees when approached [ 3 Answers ]

My dog just start this thing where he pees when me or my wife approach him. I walked over to him today and he turned on his back and when I bent down he peed. He's been doing it a lot lately and I'm not sure what to do. Everything I look up talks about what to do when he marks territory but that's...

Approached by a random person [ 2 Answers ]

I'm 14 and a couple of months ago I was told by a random person on my way to school and she told me that I should really consider modeling, all I say was are you kidding? I'm not "stick thin" and she was like no as a plus size model but she seemed really serious about it. But just my luck she...

View more questions Search