Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    njsatow Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 23, 2017, 06:47 AM
    How do I record vendor discounts?
    How do I enter an account in my chart of accounts for vendor discounts? This is an expense item, right?

Then how do I record the discount when I enter the transaction?
    Tatla Posts: 55, Reputation: 5

Jun 15, 2017, 11:58 PM
    It is a part of the sale, but while making calculation you need to show it on RHS (right hand side), i.e. on debt side separately, and while giving the details to the Sales Tax or GST Department, you will have to subtract it from GTO i.e. the Gross Turnover, and it will not be part of TTO, i.e. the Taxable Turnover.

Yes, it is expenses.

If you have still further query, you are free to ask.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Single trade discounts versus series discounts [ 2 Answers ]

HELP! I am currently taking a business math course online. Unfortunately, my assignment is due before the professor has office hours again. The assignment is to post on a discussion board. There are 4 parts, and I have the other 3 parts already (mostly) written. However, the first part...

My vendor went out of business. Now their vendor is trying to collect [ 2 Answers ]

First time asker. My vendor was a freight broker and went out of business. The trucking company that my vendor hired is now trying to collect payment from me. I have no problem paying the trucking company but I am concerned that my vendor may try to collect. The bill is 120+ days outstanding and...

Trade discounts [ 1 Answers ]

Trade discount are a. not recorded in the accounts, rather they are means of computing a price b. used to avoid frequent changes in catalogues c. used to quote different prices for different quantities purchased. d. all of the above I chose D, however, B I don't understand as trade discount....

Cash discounts [ 3 Answers ]

How can cash discounts improve cash collections? What are the ramifications if a firm has too much cash on hand? How can the use of marketable securities be appropriate investments in the management of cash?

View more questions Search