Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ges1228 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 22, 2017, 06:13 PM
    Preferred dividends
    I need to subtract preferred stock from net income, but the only information for preferred stock is this:

Preferred stock $.01 par value ($.0625 at August 31, 2014); authorized 32 million shares, noneissued.

I know you have to multiply the par value by the percentage, but I'm extremely confused here. Please help me.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Apr 24, 2017, 04:31 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Ges1228 View Post
    I need to subtract preferred stock from net income, but the only information for preferred stock is this:

Preferred stock $.01 par value ($.0625 at August 31, 2014); authorized 32 million shares, noneissued.

I know you have to multiply the par value by the percentage, but I'm extremely confused here. Please help me.
    If they haven't been issued they are at par value. How can income exist if they haven't been issued and in any case they are capital not income

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to find preferred dividends with just these: [ 0 Answers ]

How to find preferred dividends with just these: Net sales $ COGS $ Operating Expenses $ Dividends to Common Stockholders $ Stock price per share (Mkt Price) $ Average Shares Outstanding # Total Assets $ Total Liabilities $

How do I calculate preferred dividends from preferred stock [ 1 Answers ]

preferred $6 stock, $100 par (no change during year)= $200,000. What are the dividends

Preferred dividends [ 1 Answers ]

what is the annual dollar dividend of a $80.00 par value with 11% annual dividends? Thank you!

View more questions Search