Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cpeck Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 19, 2017, 03:27 PM
    probability
    [FONT=Calibri]Problem 1. Theresa Caputo, the Long Island Medium comes up with information only the departed loved one or subject would know. For instance she asked a subject if the number “11” meant anything to his father. It turned out his father died on the 11[SIZE=2]th[/SIZE]. In another instance Caputo said she felt something like a hit to the back of her head and it turned out the man’s girlfriend died of a blow to the back of the head. Now, if you assign each of those illustrations a chance of 1 out of 10 of occurring then my understanding is that you would multiply 1/10 times 1/10. Is that correct?[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman][/FONT] [FONT=Calibri] [/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman][/FONT] [FONT=Calibri]Problem 2. Edgar Cayce, a documented psychic had 100 epileptic patients. He cured 7 epileptics. Since modern medicine generally considers epilepsy incurable though after long term care under medication there have been known to be cases of going without medication, I think estimating odds of 1/100 to be fairly conservative. So, what would be the chances of curing 7 out of 100?[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman][/FONT] [FONT=Calibri] [/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman][/FONT] [FONT=Calibri]If you could help me with this I would be very grateful.[/FONT]

Check out some similar questions!

Probability [ 1 Answers ]

Emily flips a coin ten times. She expects it to land on tails five of the times. However, it only lands tails three of the times. Why did the results not match what Emily expected (the theoretical probability)? Explain

need help on probability [ 0 Answers ]

A spinner is equally likely to stop on each of its region numbered 1 to 20. Find each probability as a fraction in simplest form: 1. a prime number; 2. gcf (12,18); 3. multiple of 2 or 3; 4. not a multiple of 4 .

Geometric probability, conditional probability with area of square [ 2 Answers ]

Chose a point at random in a square with sides 0<x<1 and 0<y<1. Let X be the x coordinate and Y be the y coordinate of the point chosen. Find the conditional probability P(y<1/2 / y>x).

Probability [ 1 Answers ]

What is the probability that a randomly selected two-digit positive integer is a perfect square or a perfect cube? Express your answer as a common fraction.

Probability [ 5 Answers ]

The length of pregnancies is normally distributed with mean of 268 days and standard deviation of 15 days. a. One classical use of the normal distribution is inspired by a letter to “Dear Abby” in which a wife claimed to have given birth 308 days after a brief visit from her husband, who was...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.