Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pastor1189 Posts: 1,538, Reputation: 3
    Ultra Member

Apr 18, 2017, 10:11 AM
    Car Engine Light
    Car engine light came on. Code reader came back PO456(leak Evap) and
    PO353 (Coil) Screwed on the gas cap again. Now light has gone off. Runs okay. I guess I should still get it checked out
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Apr 18, 2017, 12:08 PM
    That is a soft code. Tightening the cap and running the car makes it go away. The sensor measures tank pressure. What car? PO353 is spark related, loose plug wire, spark module, coil pack. If it does it again, have someone look at it. .
    Ultra Member

Apr 18, 2017, 12:34 PM
    2003 Toyota echo. Thanks
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Apr 19, 2017, 07:06 AM
    I would consider replacing the o-ring seal on the fuel cap (cheap and easy) and also replacing the affected coil pack since they are prone to failing over time.
    Ultra Member

Apr 19, 2017, 08:33 AM
    Strange. Car runs tip top. After I tighten the gas cap
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Apr 22, 2017, 04:54 AM
    Tighten the gas cap: three clicks.
    Filling the gas tank: one click.
    Once the pump shuts of the first time, STOP PUMPING! Too much fuel forced in after that can severely damage critical and expensive emissions control components so please make it a habit of stopping at the first click.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Car Engine light Came on. [ 2 Answers ]

2003 Toyota echo car shakes in gear, okay in park and neutral. Going toget it check out tomorrow. Wonder what it could be?

My service engine light is blinking and my car stalls and then starts back up. [ 2 Answers ]

My 2006 Dodge Neon service engine light started blinking, the car stalls, and starts back up. What might the problem be?

02 toyota corolla... check engine light on... car stubbles on start or moving... [ 1 Answers ]

Car stubble's when I first give it gas then goes but intermittently stubble's I think it's the 02 sensor I replaced one but not both I had the obdII read at auto zone said that it could be the o2 and lean on the right bank so I think it could be the injector also... I have pulled the plugs and...

92 integra check engine light comes on and car stutters when driving [ 4 Answers ]

Check engine light comes on while driving and sometimes when I push on gas the car stutters.

Honda civic 91... Check engine light comes on and car dies and won't restart... why? [ 1 Answers ]

91 honda civic hatchback won't start , has no error codes displayed on ECU anymore, I replace both injectors. But while driving check engine light comes on and car dies and won't restart. I replaced the main fuel relay and it did no good. What could I have left to replace?

View more questions Search