Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Nothingless Posts: 51, Reputation: 2

Apr 17, 2017, 03:14 PM
    What to do with my parents?
    I don't know how to deal with my parents weird behaviour. My mum has been going through my room which I understand why now I asked but I walked into the kitchen and she was on my phone I asked her what she was doing and she said it made a noise so she picked it up, it didn't she was on my Facebook. She's been acting really strange towards me wanting me to go out shopping and to eat with her. My dad is a very quiet man he's been talking to me asking lots of questions wanting me to tell him about my friend, school and stuff. It's probably normal right but to me its not.

I know you will say I must be doing something for them to be acting this way but honestly I haven't. I don't have anything to hide from them I'm just not sure how to deal with the all of a sudden attention? I'm trying not to be offended by the way they are acting because it feels like they are trying to find something that's not there.

Is it just me? Or is this the way parents are? What can I do to put their minds at ease? I really would like it to go back to the way it was.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 17, 2017, 04:03 PM
    I have been following your questions and I would like to know how old you are? My theory is they have realized you are at an age where you are more adult than kid and they are grappling with it by trying to see what you are about, and make sure you are SAFE.

They are afraid of what they don't know and are trying to find out. Make any sense to you?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 17, 2017, 04:22 PM
    They may have read stories of things happening to other children your age, or know someone. Or they may be really concerned.

If they did not love you, if they did not care about you, they would not be doing this.
    If you are not doing anything wrong, then there is nothing to be concerned over.

My kids all had to give me passwords and let know social media they were on. And I would check their computers from time to time.
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Apr 17, 2017, 06:03 PM
    They are being parents who care and are concerned.if there is nothing to be found, don t worry about it, it will pass.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Apr 18, 2017, 07:01 AM
    Perhaps they have noticed that you are acting more subdued, and don't know that it's because of your uncle???

It is time to tell them. TODAY
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Apr 18, 2017, 08:11 AM
    Hi,

One thing to consider is the world that they went to high school in. You're in high school right? At least you sound like it. Regardless your parents didn't have the world that you're accustomed to. The threats they had when they were your age, whether they realized them at the time, are vastly different then the threats you're facing.

They're basically trying to figure out your world to give you the guidance to stay safe and sound. It is hard to think of what the world will be like it 12-15 years when my young ones are your age.

It is a sign that they care for you. They are going to snoop, and while parents should respect your space, they'll invade it. They know the consequences to the actions that you could potentially make. You need to be honest with them, they're not the bad guys. Be honest with them, don't hide from them and they'll respect you more as an adult.

It is growing and learning.
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Apr 18, 2017, 09:12 AM
    Your parents are sensing something is wrong. After reading your other post, you need to talk to them. You can play out scenarios in your head but they are not adult ones , parental ones. Talk to your parents.

Apr 18, 2017, 09:48 AM
    I know the scenarios I play out in my head aren't adult ones, parental ones but it don't matter anyway it would still end the same.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 18, 2017, 09:50 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Nothingless View Post
    I know the scenarios I play out in my head aren't adult ones, parental ones but it don't matter anyway it would still end the same.
    How do you think it will end?

Apr 18, 2017, 10:01 AM
    With everyone hurt not just me!
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 18, 2017, 10:18 AM
    No doubt there will be a lot of hurt, and confusion for a while, but you all can heal and get beyond this if you bring this an end by telling your parents the TRUTH.

How do you think it will end if you don't tell the truth? I think it never will, there will be more hurt, and even more hurt when the truth does come out, and eventually it will.

You don't know if he has done this before, or will do it again with someone else, do you? Do you have female cousins or other relatives that stay with him from time to time?

Tough decision, but you need help from someone close to you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Are parents that do drugs considered unfit parents I really need tobefor tomarrow [ 12 Answers ]

I'm living in a life that I can't take any more.. I need to know a way to leave my house its not something like I don't want to do what they say its what they say and do hurts me not phisicaly but verbaly and mentaly. I'm really scared and tired of dealing with what I am I've been told and I see no...

What happens at a military hearing to see if parents of an infant are fit parents [ 3 Answers ]

My grandbaby was born in a military hospital. When he was about 3 weeks old he had to be taken back to hospital because of not gaining weight. While there, the hospital filed a complaint with social services about the care of him. The baby was malnurished, unclean, they had no car seat to take...

Wwhat to do if you want to leave your parents and join another family withou parents [ 5 Answers ]

What should I do when I want to leave my family and join another at 16-years old?

On Credit card with Parents- Parents Leaving me holding the bag [ 3 Answers ]

I got out of a bad relationship and my credit was bad... so my parents offered to take out some credit cards and also put me on some established ones... I am only on there as a signer, authorized user... I charged very little most of the charges were for a business my mom owns... they now have...

View more questions Search